Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > 2021 Bronco

Old 01/11/21, 09:31 PM   #1
reamer
Contributor

Ashford CT
Well its official, the Bronco "sport" is a rebadged 2012 Ford Escape...

Went to the dealership today to see/compare the Sport with my Wife's 2008 Mercury Mariner. Lined them up side by side, they are the same length, same width and not too much WOW factor.
Actually the Mariner is 1" taller at the rocker panel, and 1" taller at the rear wheel well.
On the interior, it has an arm rest that reminds me of my good 'ol 91 Ranger, It's cheesy and easily broken at the hinge. Seats were super comfortable, but no leg room in the back.

The Mariner (and Escape) has a better field of view over the hood and rear glass. speaking of the rear glass, When the He*l is Ford going to realize/admit the "Vertical glass-to-rubber seal" configuration Just does not work... It LEAKS!

It leaks on my wife's 2008 Mariner, It leaks on my 2012 Escape and it will leak on the 2021 Escape, Oops I mean 2012 Bronco Sport..
And by the way, the real seal has been replaced by Ford already..
This is not a Bronco, It's a Pinto...
God I hope the real 2021 Bronco is not as cheesy as this, I'll give up my reservation, (I do have a 1973 Bronco) Owned a '74 too
"Bronco Sport?....bad move Ford using the "B" word on this....

Take that American Flag off your IMPORT!
You're not that proud of an American.
reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/21, 06:12 AM   #2
ngsd
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Tempe AZ
Garage
There are many opinions on this but I agree with you. I made the mistake of posting that on a 2021 Bronco FB page and got kicked off. I later realized it was started by Fords marketing company!
ngsd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/21, 07:10 AM   #3
sprdv1
Contributor
REBEL

Guess you better call the Whaaaambulance

Lees Summit-Missouri

My Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngsd View Post
There are many opinions on this but I agree with you. I made the mistake of posting that on a 2021 Bronco FB page and got kicked off. I later realized it was started by Fords marketing company!
Whoops.. Funny how they can't take criticism AT ALL

sprdv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/21, 06:11 PM   #4
BroncoC10guy

Too many trucks

Sierra Vista
We saw a four door one here and it looked like a stretched Flex. With the wheels that were on it it was about a foot off the ground. It would have needed 4-wheel drive just to get over a curb. It was the Outer Banks addition. Was not impressed. Nothing like the ones in the commercials that look like they are way off the ground.

Smitty
BroncoC10guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/21, 09:37 PM   #5
Projp
Contributor

It's all downhill from here

3hr 34min from Moab
My wife's Acura is due to be handed down to one of the kids so we went car shopping today. Test drove an Escape first and it was OK. They had a Sport there so she took it around the block . She is a car type of person but actually preferred the driving position and ride of the Sport over the Escape.
Yes, the Sport is redressed Escape but in my opinion it is quite well done. I think it does fit the niche for which it was intended.
She ended up buying a Mazda. Quite a surprise to me since the last Mazda I looked at had a rotary engine.

I have dozens of friends, and the fun never ends
That is, - as long as I'm buying (Tommy Shaw)
Projp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/14/21, 06:43 AM   #6
sriha
Contributor

Elko, MN
Garage
I haven't seen one in person but I feel like it would be a good fit for my needs. I would love to have a Bronco 2 door but I like to camp out of my vehicles so it would make more sense to have the 4 door. I would not be taking it anywhere technical that it needs tons of ground clearance but 4wd would be nice. I currently have a Nissan Xterra though. Maybe when it is time to put it to pasture I will be in the market and hopefully all the bugs will be worked out and there is a good used market to choose from. Its too bad Nissan stopped the Xterra, it was a good vehicle. My other car is a Mazda3 and it seems Mazda does a great job with build quality, fit and finish.

Last edited by sriha; 01/14/21 at 08:19 AM..
sriha is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > 2021 Bronco