• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Sport - Is it a Modern Bronco II

OP
OP
WheelHorse

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I guess with the Jeep lifestyle, I can only go by what I hear or overhear in conversations...there's the Wrangler and then there's the other guys. The GC has it's own cult following, but they don't wave to one another. Maybe a better analogy would be phrased as such: is the Bronco Sport the Sportsters of the HD lineup?

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think it is a very nice SUV for that segment, I just wish they badged it as something else because it really dilutes the Bronco heritage. They did such a good job bringing back the Bronco and to me this hurts that marketing. Ford knows what strategy they need for sales though and financially this probably makes sense. I posted the same on one of the Facebook groups and my comments were deleted. I forgot that the Ford marketing and PR firm created those groups!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Can’t link to story, but Raptor has had this for years now. As supposedly does several high end cars from other manufacturers. On the Raptor you can turn it off using FORScan.

txpd

I think it is a very nice SUV for that segment, I just wish they badged it as something else because it really dilutes the Bronco heritage. They did such a good job bringing back the Bronco and to me this hurts that marketing. Ford knows what strategy they need for sales though and financially this probably makes sense. I posted the same on one of the Facebook groups and my comments were deleted. I forgot that the Ford marketing and PR firm created those groups!

I dont think it dilutes anything. Chrysler has been very successful in building brands. Ram isnt a Dodge anymore and SRT is a seperate unit.

Ford is building a lineup of cars around Mustang. THe new electric 4 door is not a Mustang that we are used to. Its part of a plan to build a Mustang unit. Bronco will be its own unit. This little family Bronco is a side piece. When the primary Bronco is there, this one wont bother you. Particularly with some accessories. The same is really true of the 4 door Bronco. That is no more a traditional Bronco than this little Bronco Sport.

ransil

Bronco Guru
Didn't everyone have a bronco 2 ?

same Bronco
sissy Blue is somewhere in MAD's back yard , looking for his fishing spot
The 90's on the way to Elk hunting somewhere outside Reno/Carson City

Attachments

• Bronco 2 CP1.jpg
    Bronco 2 CP1.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 41
  • bronco 2 CP2.jpg
    bronco 2 CP2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Bronco 2 Sissy Blue.jpg
    Bronco 2 Sissy Blue.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

same Bronco
sissy Blue is somewhere in MAD's back yard , looing for his fishing spot

they just won't admit it Randy... lol

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO

same Bronco
sissy Blue is somewhere in MAD's back yard , looking for his fishing spot

We had one for a few years. My daughter drove it through high school. She loved it. Still talks about it today.

ransil

Bronco Guru
If you zoom in the front wheel is a stock hubcap the rear wheel is a centerline, the previous year on the same trip I had a flat tire as I was getting on I-15 south from 395 near Hesperia, I changed the tire and got back up to speed, it was down hill that 2.8L was doing good, as I look in my review mirror there were cars weaving all over the place, i could see my center cap bouncing down the highway., left it on the cooler on the cargo carrier.

I had 2 of those centerline forged wheels crack at different times.

Bronco II had 2.5" Duff lift and 30 " tires

txpd

I have a little rural Ford dealer here. I call them a Farm Ford dealer. They sell trucks. There might be 3 cars on their lot. They have their Bronco Sport demo. I am told as soon as they see the rules of the program, that i can come get it for a weekend. I also imagine I would get a smokin' deal on it after the program ends.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I have a little rural Ford dealer here. I call them a Farm Ford dealer. They sell trucks. There might be 3 cars on their lot. They have their Bronco Sport demo. I am told as soon as they see the rules of the program, that i can come get it for a weekend. I also imagine I would get a smokin' deal on it after the program ends.

I got to go get out to my local dealers, see what they got

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I saw 4 this morning at Spradley Ford in Colorado Springs. 2 were First Editions in Area 51 that had been reserved but the buyers backed out. They were pretty nice looking for the type of vehicle they are. Sticker was $40K. They had a Badlands ($39K) in Cactus Gray which is a pretty nice color in person. Also an Outer Banks ($33K) in Area 51.

The sales guy thought I wanted to trade in my Raptor! Uh, no. :p

Attachments

• F582F115-44FD-4953-9B29-771FBF559740.jpg
    F582F115-44FD-4953-9B29-771FBF559740.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 0D7EC1DF-74B8-4E7F-A108-67BD1DF5DE94.jpg
    0D7EC1DF-74B8-4E7F-A108-67BD1DF5DE94.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 27
  • D4D01EB0-7FA8-4DB7-B3B2-32151E6BB13F.jpg
    D4D01EB0-7FA8-4DB7-B3B2-32151E6BB13F.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 28

FordFarmer

Contributor
I took the '71 to the local Ford dealership to pick up some supplies for an oil change on my wife's Flex. Tangent.....I love the Flex. It's not cool but it's a great family car and everyone that rides in it loves it. OK, back on topic. They had just received their Bronco Sport demo so after grabbing my parts I drove around from the service entrance to the front to check it out. It's a sharp looking vehicle. Not roomy enough to replace our Flex, and not rugged enough to handle what a lot of you guys throw at your EB's. But I was really surprised that I liked it so much. If I was in the market for a new car it would probably be perfect for what I'd use it for. Our EB goes camping, explores old logging roads and does some super mild off-roading as we're poking around different parts of the country. Truth be told the new sport is probably more capable than my stock EB. Honestly, the only thing I don't like about it is the "Bronco" name....feels weird. But I get the branding thing and I agree with Scoop's logic on it possibly supporting the more niche products with larger volume sales.

The sales manager offered to trade me strait up for my EB. I got an odd look when I chuckled and drove away.

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Went to the dealership today to see/compare the Sport with my Wife's 2008 Mercury Mariner. Lined them up side by side, they are the same length, same width and not too much WOW factor.
Actually the Mariner is 1" taller at the rocker panel, and 1" taller at the rear wheel well.
On the interior, it has an arm rest that reminds me of my good 'ol 91 Ranger, It's cheesy and easily broken at the hinge. Seats were super comfortable, but no leg room in the back.

The Mariner (and Escape) has a better field of view over the hood and rear glass. speaking of the rear glass, When the He*l is Ford going to realize/admit the "Vertical glass-to-rubber seal" configuration Just does not work... It LEAKS!

It leaks on my wife's 2008 Mariner, It leaks on my 2012 Escape and it will leak on the 2021 Escape, Oops I mean 2012 Bronco Sport..
And by the way, the real seal has been replaced by Ford already..
This is not a Bronco, It's a Pinto...
God I hope the real 2021 Bronco is not as cheesy as this, I'll give up my reservation, (I do have a 1973 Bronco) Owned a '74 too
"Bronco Sport?....bad move Ford using the "B" word on this...….