• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Serpentine Belt Drive Ford Explorer 5.0 L

OP
OP
sanndmann3

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Normally I am flexible with subtracting parts but right now supply is a bit tight and I'm short on alt brackets, not to mention a couple people deep line wise.
I can get back to you in the near future hopefully. going to be hitting a few yards this weekend...

Bronconaut

Contributor
I want to give a big thanks to Don on setting me up with one of his kits. He responded immediately to all my questions and kept me up to date on getting a kit together and shipping. When it arrived I was amazed at how well it was packed. Actually took some effort to get it all out of the box! LOL. Once I did - everything had been cleaned and painted. Looked almost brand new. Don't hesitate to buy from him. Great service - great shipping - great guy!

OP
OP
sanndmann3

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
The original price was $275 but had to bump it up a couple years ago. I never figured out how to edit the header....sending a pm

OP
OP
sanndmann3

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
I have a couple more kits in stock and working on getting shipping costs down...Fedex lately has gotten stupid pricey.
PM me if interested. I have lost track of who might be waiting as its been a while...

Clubberlang

Up for sale is a complete set up to add serpentine belt drive to your Early Bronco. All pieces have been grit blasted and painted with engine paint. Nicely detailed and ready to install on your truck. See pic for more detail. This is a very nice upgrade. No more belt squeal or thrown belts. Alternator (not included) is capable of providing more charging power than stock Bronco and p.s. pump is improved as well. Clutch fan is yet another improvement or can go Taurus electric fans (not included) as you have more clearance to the radiator. See awesome tech article for details of the installation.
https://classicbroncos.com/tech/explorer-5-0-serpentine-accessory-drive-belt-conversion

This set up includes all the unique attaching bolts. Timing pointer also included. The idler pulleys all spin nicely. The fan clutch has no noticeable wobble and no evidence of leaks from the p.s. pump. Also included is a piece of the hi pressure power steering hose to get started with that hook up. Partial alternator harness also provided. As these came from salvage yard no guarantee can be made. That said, there are no obvious defects or known problems.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Set up does not include the a.c. compressor, alternator or water pump, as you would most likely replace them anyway. Why pay to ship them?
Price is $325 + shipping. Paypal works (friends and family) or money order too.
thanks for looking.

naoum

Loc.
Rockville, MD
I have a couple more kits in stock and working on getting shipping costs down...Fedex lately has gotten stupid pricey.
PM me if interested. I have lost track of who might be waiting as its been a while...
Any currently available or are you able to add me to your backlog?

OP
OP
sanndmann3

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Currently, I am on top of things and there is no waiting list.
pm me a zip and I can figure shipping

Mustangmoe

Loc.
North East, MD
Hi Sir. Looks like your a great source for the serpentine kits for the early bronco. I have a newly built 347 stroker I am looking to get a kit for. I had the engine builder install a 28oz balancer with single explorer style pulley and the explorer timing chain cover. I am looking to have AC, Alt and PS with the detatched tank. The plan was to run a clutch fan setup, no electric with 3 core rad for extra cooling. What is your recommendation and what do you have in stock, cost, etc. Zip is 21901 (MD)

davisjstone

Contributor
BroncoNewbie
Hi,
Can you PM me details and a shipping quote (92117) for an explorer serp belt setup for the 351w I'm dropping in. Thanks!

OP
OP
sanndmann3

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
I am making a couple changes in an effort to combat the stupid prices for shipping...
The original set up weighs around 55 pounds and fit in a 19x18x17 Lowes medium box. the 17" fan forced me to go to a larger box size and fedex adds a $25 surcharge for anything over 50 lbs (used to be 75 pounds I think, not sure when the change).

my solution is to reduce cost is:

1. delete the fan, but not the clutch. Rock auto sells new fans for about $60 to your door last time I checked for plastic version. Plastic ones in yard usually are cracked so its getting harder to find... Rock also sells metal fans for a bit more (atleast they used to). Right now I am out of fans...

2. Delete the harmonic balancer. It weighs 18 pounds and depending on your application, it probably needs to be rebuilt and/or rebalanced. If you have an old 302 or 351 with 28 oz-in imbalance this is the route you have to take, as I did for mine. Potentially, you are paying for shipping from me to you, then from you to dampner dudes and then the return ride. I believe DD sells the explorer harmonic in either 28 or 50 balance...
Or you could use your harmonic with the WH conversion pulley.

Deleting the 2 parts, I reduced the parts price back to $275. It gets the weight & box size down and I'm also looking at different shippers as well.

I have been a bit slow in responding lately but will be reaching out to all who have contacted me. If I missed you, don't hesitate to message me.
Thanks, Don.