• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fiberglass half doors

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Does anyone still make these? did they use standard door hinges and plates? They would work well for off road but not sure how they install or how they operate for open close. I searched but cant find anyone making them.

Attachments

• bronco half doors.jpg
    bronco half doors.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 187

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
had a set years ago, called snoop doors. They were cool but I never used them, bought and held on to the for a while...just never got around to it and ended up selling them

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
had a set years ago, called snoop doors. They were cool but I never used them, bought and held on to the for a while...just never got around to it and ended up selling them

Thanks, now that you said the name the search turned up a lot of info. I appreciate it. Still curious how the hardware works if anyone has them or pics.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Does anyone still make these? did they use standard door hinges and plates? They would work well for off road but not sure how they install or how they operate for open close. I searched but cant find anyone making them.

I thought BC Broncos had a version of them at one time. I would also check with Bronco design too.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Haven't researched em lately..

Hopefully you can find something

hucklburry rev2

I guess Bronco Design's mold got damaged or lost?

A few years ago I emailed them and asked if I ordered like 10 each side if they would build them, as I know I could sell a limited run pretty easy, and they never responded, I don't think they were interested at the time.

So I emailed them again this morning, but I don't expect a response, or a positive one.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks, i should have been more clear. I have an original unused set. I was just looking to see how the hardware worked as they are not cut yet and wanted to make sure how to install them.

BroncoDesignTN

Sponsor/Vendor
I guess Bronco Design's mold got damaged or lost?

A few years ago I emailed them and asked if I ordered like 10 each side if they would build them, as I know I could sell a limited run pretty easy, and they never responded, I don't think they were interested at the time.

So I emailed them again this morning, but I don't expect a response, or a positive one.

Hi Jim,

We have never owned the molds for the Snoop doors, BC Bronco's does. The molds are at my shop now and yes they do need redone before parts can be made. Unfortunately we haven't had any time to look them over and make a plan to get them ready to make parts again. We have been slammed the last 1.5 years and short-staffed, which means no time to work on new stuff or things that need major repairs. Hopefully soon though!

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is the problem when you are so good, you get busy!

jmhend

Bronco Guru

If anyone can I am sure Corey can make the molds.

Hi Jim,

We have never owned the molds for the Snoop doors, BC Bronco's does. The molds are at my shop now and yes they do need redone before parts can be made. Unfortunately we haven't had any time to look them over and make a plan to get them ready to make parts again. We have been slammed the last 1.5 years and short-staffed, which means no time to work on new stuff or things that need major repairs. Hopefully soon though!

Corey, looks like a combo of your doors and the upper would be your inserts graphed in. Also, would love to see you guys find someone to upholster the soft uppers for your doors. I know where some templates are.. ;D

Corey,
Are you hiring?

You movin?

ZOSO

I have tried to get JGZ to also look at making them. But the market is so small its not really worth the effort for Jay to start from scratch.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The ones I have are virgin and don't have any holes cut yet for the hinges or latch. I will be mocking them up this weekend and hopefully cut them correctly!