• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'66 warranty tag location measurements

chris-nc

Bronco Apprentice
I finally completed enough research and pulled together enough details to have Marti make up a replacement warranty tag for my early build (Budd built) '66 U14. I'd like to place it on the kick panel where they were originally on the early '66's instead of the glove box door. Can someone provide measurements for the placement (from the edge the door frame, how far up and in)?

Sheet metal was replaced by a previous owner so nothing visually to reference.

Also, just a shout out for Kevin Marti and team for doing what they do, and providing a great service!

Attachments

• IMG_0959.jpeg
    IMG_0959.jpeg
    275.5 KB · Views: 46

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hi Chris. This is the measurements on a August '65 Roadster. Although I stood on my head, the picture shouldn't be upside down.... I think if you click on it, it will be right. 7" above floor pan and 7 1/2" back from firewall.

Attachments

• Buttercup 2.5.jpg
    Buttercup 2.5.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 35

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I'm curious how close they are from one bronco to the next lol. Pretty sure my 66 u15 is in a little different spot than my 66 u14.

OP
OP
chris-nc

chris-nc

Bronco Apprentice
Thanks FordFan!

Yep, I was wondering about being 'exact' as well. It seems that every picture I can find with one, when I zoom in they appear to be just in the general area, but never quite the same.