• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for a Dana 44. What should I pay?

Lando375

Been looking for a Dana 44 to replace my Dana 30. The prices are allover the place. What should I spend on a drum brake non rebuilt axle?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Maybe $400-500? Seems like they used to be about $300 for years and years, but have probably gone up now.

Todd Z.

Millercorey

I looked for a couple years and there was only a handful of times one became available in that price range. They were always on the other side of the country and sold immediately. You can stay closer to that range if you get a non-bronco specific d44 and modify it to work. I finally pulled the trigger and picked up a Dana 44 out of a bronco on eBay for about $1,100 after shipping

LSharpNM

Been looking for a Dana 44 to replace my Dana 30. The prices are allover the place. What should I spend on a drum brake non rebuilt axle?

Where are you located? I will have an extra EB Dana 44 lying around soon that I don't know what I'll do with it.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I was going to say a worn out D44 take out, drum brake, 3.50 open diff. $500 ish.
Price goes up as good parts are on it.

At $1500 and needing a rebuild it is starting to look like a better deal to just get a new axle made. Just because people are asking these prices doesn't mean they are actually getting these prices. I blame Craig's list and all the other places that let you list stuff for free. There is no incentive to actually put a realistic price. (let me stand on my lawn and shake a cane) Back in the day when you paid to run an ad, you better put realistic prices on stuff or you are just throwing away money on a worthless ad. Which means that selling stuff you really wanted to sell it. I've seen stuff sit on Craig's list for 2+ years. Prices slowly whittle down but if they are not in a hurry to move it, free ads suck.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Try to find one set up w/Disc already :) do yourself a favor

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you keep looking you will find them on CL. I got a 76 disc D44 for 500 in WI and a couple hundred to ship. I was even happier when I opened it up and found it had a new R&P!

bulletpruf

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
I just picked one up for $500. Drum brake. Complete but needs a rebuild. That seems to be on the low end price-wise. Wasn't really looking for one, but I couldn't pass it up at that price.