Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Tech

Old 07/08/08, 01:10 PM   #166
eric0o1

Fort Worth
those pictures confirmed what I had on all my paperwork. doing diagrams for the manual made me start 2nd guessing myself and I just wanted to be sure. Thanks a lot
eric0o1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/08/08, 08:27 PM   #167
MarsChariot
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Resistance is useless!

Albuquerque

My Gallery
Toddz69,
That is correct. Just the switch locations changed on the '72, but no labels lights.
DirtDonk,
Not sure about the cold air cut-out. Now I am curious and will have to check. Certainly present in the '73. There were certainly running changes, that is for certain. For example, the '72 had factory power steering, which was not officially around until '73. But the '72 was also a T-shift transfer case as was my '73. The '71 is classic "'71 1/2", that is, front Dana 44 etc.

Uncut Regal Red 1971 Sport; 1" body, 2" suspension; Bilsteins; EFI FR 5.0 crate; Explorer serp; NV3550; D20 twin stick; 4.11 TracLoc fD44/r9"; 9.50x30 KO2 BFGs on stock rims; EM2 "Twilight Bronco" & cover Mclaughlin book, Blue 1976, 12.50x33 KO BFGs on AR Venturas; 2.5" suspension
MarsChariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/08, 02:50 PM   #168
eric0o1

Fort Worth
After several delays with production I finally have my production sample. I have been doing all of my diagrams and drawings for the manual, and created a "Power Braid Kit" for this harness in the mean time. Check out our website for power braid details.The manual will include schematics to just about the whole harness broken up into indiviual components. For example I have drawings for the headlight switch, wiper switch, and ignition switch (see below) showing the wire's color, printed information that may be on the wire, other wires that wire may splice with,and where the wire originates. We've never gone into that much detail to show the customer exactly which wires have in line splices, much less showing you were those splices lead to. I am waiting to get a glove box from my supplier to start the install on Rob's Bronco. I'm also trying to locate some grommets that will fit into the holes in the firewall, but i believe i found a supplier for those this morning. I just thought I'd update you guys on where we're at and to let you know progress is being made daily on getting this out to you.
Old 07/18/08, 02:55 PM   #169
kbldawg
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Marshall, AR

My Gallery
Suhweeet!! I can't wait to hear some reviews of your production harness.

kbldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/08, 10:30 PM   #170
smoktf250

Can anyone explain to me what the main differance is betweent he old 12 curcuit and the new 20 circuit. And yes I understand that one has 12 fuses and the other has 20 but other than that is there any differances? I have a 12 cuircuit I bought new still in the oem box never touched since im stillin the middle of the restore. Trying to decide if I should get the new harnesss.
smoktf250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/18/08, 11:16 PM   #171
Madgyver
Bronco Madman

RADIO FLYER ROCKS

Honolulu,Hawaii

My Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoktf250 View Post
Can anyone explain to me what the main differance is betweent he old 12 curcuit and the new 20 circuit. And yes I understand that one has 12 fuses and the other has 20 but other than that is there any differances? I have a 12 cuircuit I bought new still in the oem box never touched since im stillin the middle of the restore. Trying to decide if I should get the new harnesss.
The 12 circuit box will fit in the stock ashtray hole.. The new 20 circuit fusebox will not....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01008.JPG (144.8 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01009.JPG (144.9 KB, 72 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by br0nc0xrapt0r View Post
your so full of shit your eyes are brown.
Haha.
Madgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/08, 07:04 AM   #172
eric0o1

Fort Worth
the only difference is the fuse block. The only reason for the fuse block change was that we were no longer able to get the 12 circuit weather proof fuse block. There really wouldn't be a need to get a new harness unless you wanted the extra curcuits. There is a night and day difference in the harness you have and the one I'm about to release, however, ther harness you have will get the job done.
Old 07/19/08, 10:23 AM   #173
MarsChariot
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Resistance is useless!

Albuquerque

My Gallery
That is excellent news about the grommets for the firewall. In the past details like grommets were left to the user to figure out. As I have said before, itís the details that separate a good design and installation of anything from the so-so.

Anyone with some technical knowledge and persistence can build a harness that works and maybe even looks good. But it sounds like this will be a masterpiece designed by an artist. This harness is going to be the envy of all the old iron folks out there. And folks will point to the early Bronco harness from Painless as the standard. Old Broncos are leading the way again. Itís, well, awesome!

Uncut Regal Red 1971 Sport; 1" body, 2" suspension; Bilsteins; EFI FR 5.0 crate; Explorer serp; NV3550; D20 twin stick; 4.11 TracLoc fD44/r9"; 9.50x30 KO2 BFGs on stock rims; EM2 "Twilight Bronco" & cover Mclaughlin book, Blue 1976, 12.50x33 KO BFGs on AR Venturas; 2.5" suspension
MarsChariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/08, 11:58 AM   #174
ShortBus

Let natural selection work!

Lancaster, CA
eBay: 2dadune

My Gallery
Garage
Hey Eric! Those instructions look so cool! I am use to getting an, off center, photo copy of some instruction page with electrical type items. It is refreshing to see this type of detail. People will look forward to the install, rather getting lost in the inturpretation of the directions. I think that everyone is impressed with the effort that you are putting into this. This type of instruction will influence people who didn't even want to do a new harness; to go ahead and do it! It is always nice to know exactly what you have when it comes to the electrical system in your vehicle. This is freak'in great! I can't wait to show it off.

Rob

1971 Sport 2" body Lift 33" tires. LoneStar Early Bronco Club Member
ShortBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/08, 12:24 PM   #175
ShortBus

Let natural selection work!

Lancaster, CA
eBay: 2dadune

My Gallery
Garage
"Power Braid Chassis Kit". Now that is a nice add.. Thanks Eric!

I added The Lonestar Early Bronco Club to your Club list. The Painless website is really nice too!

1971 Sport 2" body Lift 33" tires. LoneStar Early Bronco Club Member
ShortBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/08, 03:15 PM   #176
regshawn
Bronco Guru

"If I weren't me, I would totally do me (unless I was fat)"

Portland
eBay: regshawn

My Gallery
Garage
This is looking like the harness I am going to buy, I'm loving your attention to detail, add how your are making it the most complete kit out there. I do have one question for you Eric; After spending all this time on a "Bronco" specific harness and having all this time alone with Rob's Bronco, along with hanging out with this top notch Bronco crwod....................................When are you getting one of your own?

1973 - '67 tub, Big bearing 9", D44 disc, 3.5 Cage lift, Built C4 Auto, 351W, Crab cage & a dozen other parts!
regshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/08, 05:55 PM   #177
eric0o1

Fort Worth
Thanks for the kind words guys.

The kit will include exactly what is shown in the picture Rob linked to. However, it will have all the correct lengths of the correct sizes. That way you aren't paying for sizes you won't need and be short on the sizes you do need. It comes with almost 100' total of 4 different sizes (1/8, 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4). It also includes zip ties, heatshrink, and a roll of self vulcanizing tape. Rob, the harness I am installing in your Bronco will have this power braid kit on it. I am using your install to confirm I have enough length of the correct sizes.

I can't wait to post a finished instruction manual for you guys to read. I usually go into pretty good detail in my manuals, but Honario's experience of being out on the trail with his kids and having the electrical problems he had made me want to include more than what is need in order to install the harness.

I'd really like to have a bronco actually, but most would cringe at what I'd like to see done. I'm into street/stip vehicles. I love vehicles that can be driven to the dragstrip, run some good times, and then be driven home. I feel in love with '69 fastbacks when I did the 69-70 mustang harness a couple years ago. That's saying a lot for a guy who is loyal to Chevrolet. However, if I did get a Bronco I'm sure I'd have lots of time to tinker with it, because I'm almost positive my wife would divorce me. I've been building a street/strip '89 chevy 1/2 ton for the past 7 years now, trying to buy parts when I found good deals or when I had the money without taking away anything I'd be spending on her or my kids. It should be a pretty fun toy when I'm done. It's got an injected 383 with a D1-SC Procharger and lowered 5-8. I'm currently trying to find some wheels that will tuck into the fenders. She's already convinced I'll never finish it and another project would probably be the end.

Last edited by eric0o1; 07/21/08 at 01:27 PM..
Old 07/19/08, 09:03 PM   #178
Crewwzin
Bronco Guru

If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

Freeport, Fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric0o1 View Post
I'd really like to have a bronco actually, but most would cringe at what I'd like to see done. I'm into street/stip vehicles. I love vehicles that can be driven to the dragstrip, run some good times, and then be driven home. I feel in love with '69 fastbacks when I did the 69-70 mustang harness a couple years ago. That's saying a lot for a guy who is loyal to Chevrolet. However, if I did get a Bronco I'm sure I'd have lots of time to tinker with it, because I'm almost positive my wife would divorce me. I've been building a street/strip '89 chevy 1/2 ton for the past 7 years now, trying to buy parts when I found good deals or when I had the money without taking away anything I'd be spending on her or my kids. It should be a pretty fun toy when I'm done. It's got an injected 383 with a D1-SC Procharger and lowered 5-8. I'm currently trying to find some wheels that will tuck into the fenders. She's already convinced I'll never finish it and another project would probably be the end.

Thats the great thing about Broncos...they are cool however you build them. There are a couple of guys on here building 2wd street rigs. That will be my next project. Buy one, build it, drag race the hell out of it. Nobody will think anything less of you, I promise.

Thank you for the wonderful effort you're putting into this. Like has been said before, I bet the rest of the classic world wished they had a harness as cool as ours.

1966 Wagon, '97 Explorer 5.0, M5R2 tranny, 3.5" lift, 35x12.50x17s....never ending build.
Crewwzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/08, 10:02 PM   #179
Viperwolf1
Contributor
electron whisperer

It's not dented, it's just been environmentally streamlined!

homelessly wandering

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
She's already convinced I'll never finish it and another project would probably be the end.
I wonder how many folks here have heard this before.

'74 beater, 5.0 mustang EFI, C4, PS, front discs, twin sticks, 3.5" susp/1" body, 33's, 4.11's, ARBs, Hickey Sidewinder, cobra hydroboost

'70 cruiser, 5.8 explorer EFI, 4R70W, PS, front discs + hydro, twin sticks, 3.5" susp/1" body, 34's, 4.88's, ARB & tru-track
Viperwolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/20/08, 11:00 AM   #180
Baja71
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Dallas, Texas

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
the only difference is the fuse block. The only reason for the fuse block change was that we were no longer able to get the 12 circuit weather proof fuse block. There really wouldn't be a need to get a new harness unless you wanted the extra curcuits. There is a night and day difference in the harness you have and the one I'm about to release, however, ther harness you have will get the job done.

Where is this new, larger fuse block intended to be located? I don't mind trimming a cardboard glovebox, but I'm staying as stock as possible. Is this giong under the dash somewhere?

1971Stroppe Baja

My build thread: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122019
Baja71 is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Tech