• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Painless Wiring Bronco- Your input appreciated

OP
OP
eric0o1

eric0o1

I'm to the portion of my manual describing dash label lights. Does any one have any good pictures of the front and the back of one of these (maybe without the connector installed) that they would let me use in my instruction manual? Rob's '71 obviously didn't have them. These was one posted in this thread but the lighting in the picture is really bright and no matter how I adjust the brightness and contrast of it, I just can't get it to clear up any.

rwm01

Loc.
Winnsboro, TX
Does any one have any good pictures of the front and the back of one of these (maybe without the connector installed) that they would let me use in my instruction manual?

Eric,

Did you get the pictures you need? I have my dash mostly apart and should be able to get some pics . . .

Bob

OP
OP
eric0o1

eric0o1

I haven't gotten any pictures. Any pictures I could get are certainly a help. It's really hard trying to write an informative connection procedure to something you've never actually seen. On a positive note, I did identify the factory terminal Ford used on the dash label lights. I've got a company trying to identify the connector. At the least my harness will at least have the terminals that will allow the factory connector to be reused instead of having to splice to the factory wires to make thiose connections.

rwm01

Loc.
Winnsboro, TX
Eric,

I'll try to take some pics tomorrow. If I can, I'll get picks from the back side of the dash and of just the connections on the light units and the harness plugs.

Bob

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I'm to the portion of my manual describing dash label lights. Does any one have any good pictures of the front and the back of one of these (maybe without the connector installed) that they would let me use in my instruction manual?
These pics are from my 77s.. Are these the ones that you need?

I took a pic of one set of dash lights but they both have the same type of connection and plugs..

Attachments

• DSC04271.JPG
    DSC04271.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC04272.JPG
    DSC04272.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC04273.JPG
    DSC04273.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC04276.JPG
    DSC04276.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 39

rwm01

Loc.
Winnsboro, TX
Eric,

These didn't turn out as well as I hoped. :cry:
I'll "recruit" some help and retake these tomorrow.

Bob

(I'll move that "other harness" out of the next pictures . . . %) )

OP
OP
eric0o1

eric0o1

Thank you both!!! Those are exactly what I needed. Bob, with the pictures you and Honorio posted, I'm pretty sure no other pictures would be needed.

OP
OP
eric0o1

eric0o1

Just a small update, writting is still going full steam ahaead. I'm at page 58 and have yet to cover any wiring from the firewall forward. I don't think anyone is ever going to complain about not enough information with this Bronco manual. I think with this project I've fully realized it's better to have information you don't need ,than to have to search else where for the information you do need. Hopefully this manual will save some of you guys as much time as it's taken to write.

OP
OP
eric0o1

eric0o1

I hit another wall first thing this morning when writing instructions on Washer Pump connections. My harness has the connector for the Pump found on the electric wiper systems and fits most other Ford pumps as well. However, I can't find anything showing any kind of picture of the pump found on the early style wiper systems. I've got a page from the 1967 service manual that shows a flat connector, but I can't find any photos or anything of this connector. Does any one have a picture of this connector or the pump for that matter? I need to figure out if I have the factory terminal in stock, or if I need to instruct the installer to splice the original connector to the harness.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Is this the connector that comes on the new harness?

Attachments

• BajaResto2008-Day18c 048.jpg
    BajaResto2008-Day18c 048.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
eric0o1

eric0o1

YEP...thats the connector I put on the harness. However, those with a washer button on the dash will only connect the power wire as the Washer pump on those models appears to be self grounding. I need a picture so I can instruct them on how to reuse their factory connector, either by splicing to it or maybe supplying then with a new terminal. There's a good possibility that I may even have the factory connector already in stock. Untill I can see one, i just gave instructions on how to splice to their factory connector.

OP
OP
eric0o1

eric0o1

I won't be able to make it, but I do plan on sending some stuff with Rob.