• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford opens 4 "Bronco Ranches"

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here comes the Jeep crowd! Get ready to start badge collecting....

67sport

Contributor
Loc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
I gotta say it. I have watched the development of the `new` bronco for 10 years.
Every update, every news release, every update from guys that pre-ordered, and every action from Ford - makes me want one less.

I was born in '75, Ive owned at least one early bronco for the last 25 years. Broncos, Blazers, and Powerwagons were the trucks to long after as a young guy with my crew.

I don't believe I will ever buy or be part of new bronco. It is not even close to what 60's and 70's 4x4 culture is about. It is a shame that I am not the target audience for Ford, cause after years of bustin my balls, I can drop 70k on a cool vehicle anytime I want.

Ford could not have missed the mark any worse on what makes Broncos cool.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I gotta say it. I have watched the development of the `new` bronco for 10 years.
Every update, every news release, every update from guys that pre-ordered, and every action from Ford - makes me want one less.

I was born in '75, Ive owned at least one early bronco for the last 25 years. Broncos, Blazers, and Powerwagons were the trucks to long after as a young guy with my crew.

I don't believe I will ever buy or be part of new bronco. It is not even close to what 60's and 70's 4x4 culture is about. It is a shame that I am not the target audience for Ford, cause after years of bustin my balls, I can drop 70k on a cool vehicle anytime I want.

Ford could not have missed the mark any worse on what makes Broncos cool.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Ford cleverly cashing in on the cool factor but the target audience is to strip from the Jeep customer base, not necessarily energize old school fan base in my opinion. not a bad strategy, just not the one we would prefer. im in the same boat about being able to buy what and when, but im not going to be brand loyal for decades. they building new base of support.

what would be cool is a one off build/model (very limited options) that targets old school. ditch the electric windows, heated seats and such, keep the modern safety and personalization / build up potential.

this mornings brain droppings

Hank

No Hay

Bronco Guru
I think the "Bronco Ranches" are a good idea, it's goofy to me they are offered only to "new owners" and "order holders." Those folks have already committed to purchase. Wouldn't offering the driving experience to everyone help drive enthusiasm and draw in more sales?

Projp

I like them all.
I currently have a 67 half cab, a 96 Eddie Bauer, and a new one ordered.
They all fill a need or should I say a "want". A lot of the need is based off of what it used for. My old 74 rockcrawler with 40's on it was a dedicated off roader. If I am going over 50 miles I take the 96 rather that the 67.
If the only "true" Bronco is a an EB then you can now buy a basically new one from Gateway.....just not Ford.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I think the "Bronco Ranches" are a good idea, it's goofy to me they are offered only to "new owners" and "order holders." Those folks have already committed to purchase. Wouldn't offering the driving experience to everyone help drive enthusiasm and draw in more sales?

And I believe it's only offered to Badlands and Wildtrak owners/orders. It covers two half days, doesn't cover lodging or food. It covers the order holder, each additional persons of to three, is $595 per person. $75 insurance fee for anyone driving.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
And I believe it's only offered to Badlands and Wildtrak owners/orders. It covers two half days, doesn't cover lodging or food. It covers the order holder, each additional persons of to three, is $595 per person. $75 insurance fee for anyone driving.

I think I was seeing the same thing

nickgp

Bronco Guru
Mount Potosi, Nevada. Interesting. Just up the road from me.

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is SPORT Badland and Wildtrack... ANY real bronco is invited....
And there are only 3 sites, the New England site "host" pulled out. The "Not in my backyard" crowed of bicycle totters whined too much...

eBronc2

Contributor
I'm signed up for the Austin event in late June. I only live about an hour away, so it's worth the short drive to get a chance to try them out. The location is not far from Hidden Falls Ranch, where I've been many times...on the ATV trails. My '71 isn't done yet.

I ordered a '21 two door Base, V6, Sasquatch package. Once I finish my '71 they'll make a nice comparison of Broncos, 50 years apart.

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
At this point, Ford can’t build one and cant even tell us when they actually will be available. I really don’t give a s**t anymore.

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh, they do give a s*(^, heads will roll after this one...
Im in the same boat Base, 2-door Sasquatch hard top, 2.7 ...it seems to be the losing combination.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
what would be cool is a one off build/model (very limited options) that targets old school. ditch the electric windows, heated seats and such, keep the modern safety and personalization / build up potential.

Yeah, I don't want the electronics in the dash. I want a new version of my old GOAT bronco with AC and a loud enough stereo to be heard going do the road.

The new bronco is aimed specifically at the people who go camping out of their vehicles. There's not a large population that does that anymore. Everyone has a camper for camping.

navi

The new bronco is going to be a huge earner for Ford. They don't care about the whiners AT ALL.
They have my build ready and I don't see another vehicle I'd rather buy. Like most here I could drop 60k on a FE no prob, but the basesquatch was a better fit.
2.7, 2 door , Mic top , SAS, build date of 7/19.
We'll see.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yeah, I don't want the electronics in the dash. I want a new version of my old GOAT bronco with AC and a loud enough stereo to be heard going do the road.

The new bronco is aimed specifically at the people who go camping out of their vehicles. There's not a large population that does that anymore. Everyone has a camper for camping.

want in one hand, well you know how the saying goes.. :cool::cool:;D;D