• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone got your new BRONCO.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... So question ... My wife had a young lady that she used to work with .
That young lady ordered one of the new Broncos. the night they did the showing on TV.
.... SHE EVEN ORDERED it on her computer from her home basically in North Dallas . She had to choose a Local dealer to ship it too. So she did . She waited her year to receive it . THEN A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO she gets a call , Them saying your BRONCO is here come see it & tell us if you still want it.
She scuffed & said HELL YES I WANT IT.
........BUT when she got there someone was driving it . That made her mad.
But when they got out of it .. She did the old glad hand & checked it out .
.... WOW Why does my new car have over 500 miles on it. Well we've let a few people drive it . YES I'D SAY A FEW. By Now she's rather mad.
But then she went it to sign her papers .
...Instead of the MSRP $40000.oo She's supposed to pay.
They tell her she has to pay $60000K .... an extra $20000.oo to original price . ..SAID BULL SHIT. They proceed to tell her there is nothing she can do about it. She said ... You'll be hearing from my lawyer . & It better not have one more mile on it than the $500 + it has now.
They just laughed at her.
...................... WHO WINS IN THIS CASE.
.... I FIGURE the Stearership will win. & only a hand full. Will Care overall.
...............Not My Monkey & Not My Circus ... SO I don't really care either but I CAN SEE THIS HAPPENING TO ME ALSO.
so Has this happened to anyone you guys know .

1buckeyefan1

Contributor
Dang, that's a tough story. I suspect it's the same one the folks over at B6G have been debating for the last few days:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/here-starts-the-dealer-games.20168/

Consensus is that if your friend didn't have a signed purchase agreement in writing, she's probably out of luck (even though she technically 'ordered' it). Slimy dealer nonetheless..

But it also sounds like she might be getting a bronco in the future? There was an update today that she and the dealer "came to a resolution" and the FB post was removed..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Okie I figured that . When the wife was telling me that story today as we went to Ft Worth.
I said, well I've been hearing the dealers are marking them up .. Now up to 20k.
. But I've got an old ClassMate that lives about 35 mile from me . HE Ordered one .
I'm not sure if he's got his or not . But I believe he posted that his was due in any day. & That was about 2 weeks ago.
........ I may need to call him & ask him if he's got his.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I negotiated my price when I ordered it at the dealer, will find out if that holds if the bronco ever gets built.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
I don't know if true, but I've heard one has 3 days to return a vehicle if not satisfied.

I know when my wife bought her new car (with cash) at Lexus of Portland, the guy we dealt with was a real PRICK. She wasn't happy about it and the next day we took it back for that reason and let them know. She ended up getting one delivered to the house from Lexus of Seattle and couldn't have been happier with the experience. The Portland dealer sent roses with apologies, and let her know the PRICK had been let go. It was strange going back to the Portland dealer for the routine maintenance the next 8 years, but they treated her quite well ;D

ransil

Bronco Guru
I don't know if true, but I've heard one has 3 days to return a vehicle if not satisfied.

I know when my wife bought her new car (with cash) at Lexus of Portland, the guy we dealt with was a real PRICK. She wasn't happy about it and the next day we took it back for that reason and let them know. She ended up getting one delivered to the house from Lexus of Seattle and couldn't have been happier with the experience. The Portland dealer sent roses with apologies, and let her know the PRICK had been let go. It was strange going back to the Portland dealer for the routine maintenance the next 8 years, but they treated her quite well ;D

I met that guy once at a dealer, Todd, he also mentioned he was at another dealer that wronged him, when I was in his office I was texting that dealer( I knew the guy) didn't tell him any of the info or where I was but was on my way down, while test driving my car , dealer #2 guy found Todd's business card in my car, he told me almost the same story about them firing him.
1 year later back at dealer #2 at a different location , guess who is the sales guy there, Todd, he was not my sales guy but at the table next to me, I almost walked out because the way he was treating his customer, they did walk out and had to use a spare set of keys to get away, sales guy had to deliver the keys after a reaming from the manager.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
seems to be a problem reserving/pre-ordering these days. Personally, I wouldn't do it.

Tesla did the same thing a few years back with the model 3.....took the deposits but when it came time time for delivery both the price and delivery date was not what was expected. I know some who waited a couple years %)

Now I understand that Tesla is doing the same thing with solar installs with up to double the estimated price. Hell, my neighbor waited 9 months for the install and three days before he was notified they had to increase from 35k to 62k. Needless to say, he went another direction.

Purely hype and instant money in the coffers.

Just my 2 cents

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
seems to be a problem reserving/pre-ordering these days. Personally, I wouldn't do it.

Tesla did the same thing a few years back with the model 3.....took the deposits but when it came time time for delivery both the price and delivery date was not what was expected. I know some who waited a couple years %)

Now I understand that Tesla is doing the same thing with solar installs with up to double the estimated price. Hell, my neighbor waited 9 months for the install and three days before he was notified they had to increase from 35k to 62k. Needless to say, he went another direction.

Purely hype and instant money in the coffers.

Just my 2 cents

From the posts and threads on the Bronco forums I've seen, most Ford dealers didn't require a deposit to order.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
... That night when we watched the revel on TV. IT SAID PUT DOWN $500.00 . & WAIT.

Refundable $100 place a reservation and get in line once you placed your order. Any deposits were up to the dealers, Ford didn't require or request one.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Holding out for next year, BUT sounds like I could still have to wait

... So question ... My wife had a young lady that she used to work with .
That young lady ordered one of the new Broncos. the night they did the showing on TV.
.... SHE EVEN ORDERED it on her computer from her home basically in North Dallas . She had to choose a Local dealer to ship it too. So she did . She waited her year to receive it . THEN A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO she gets a call , Them saying your BRONCO is here come see it & tell us if you still want it.
She scuffed & said HELL YES I WANT IT.
........BUT when she got there someone was driving it . That made her mad.
But when they got out of it .. She did the old glad hand & checked it out .
.... WOW Why does my new car have over 500 miles on it. Well we've let a few people drive it . YES I'D SAY A FEW. By Now she's rather mad.
But then she went it to sign her papers .
...Instead of the MSRP $40000.oo She's supposed to pay.
They tell her she has to pay $60000K .... an extra $20000.oo to original price . ..SAID BULL SHIT. They proceed to tell her there is nothing she can do about it. She said ... You'll be hearing from my lawyer . & It better not have one more mile on it than the $500 + it has now.
They just laughed at her.
...................... WHO WINS IN THIS CASE.
.... I FIGURE the Stearership will win. & only a hand full. Will Care overall.
...............Not My Monkey & Not My Circus ... SO I don't really care either but I CAN SEE THIS HAPPENING TO ME ALSO.
so Has this happened to anyone you guys know .

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
But the last e-mail said FORD would honor the 2021 price even if it turns out to be a 2022....??

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
There's a thread on Bronconation right now where the guy has the sales manager's signature stating that they will sell to him at MSRP and now they are refusing, it's getting pretty bad out there.

joe

Bronco Guru
I'm sure it's a little different all over but...
We "Reserved" one in December and chose a dealership and if memory serves me correctly we could start the order process on line but had to go to the dealership to complete the order. We wanted to wait until we actually drove one before "Ordering" one so we talked to the dealership to try better understand the process and they told us the Reservation put us in line and we could wait as long as we wanted to actually sit down with the dealership and complete the order up to a week before the build date, that's basically the date it gets a VIN number.
So after they got a "Manican" in and we drove it at the beginning of July, we completed the order