Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat

Old 11/02/14, 08:19 PM   #1
Myllo73

I never finish anyth

White Mtns, Arizona
eBay: Myllo73

My Gallery
Garage
Wayne Static

Just a note to say that fellow EB brother Wayne Static passed away on November 1st. I saw Static X live a few times and it was always awesome. I enjoyed his music and thought it was really cool to learn that he owned some EB's. I'm sorry to hear of his passing and my thoughts go out to his family and friends.
Myllo73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/14, 08:36 PM   #2
BroncKrawler

That Early Bronco Photographer Dude

Harrisburg, Oregon

My Gallery
Garage
Sad to hear this, there are photos of his bad ass Bronco on West Coast Bronco's website http://www.wcb4x4.com/proj/Waynes68/index.shtml and one of Static-X's music videos features this Bronco as well. RIP Wayne

'68 Bronco - 302, NV3550, Atlas 4.3, 4.88s, OX locker / Yukon Grizzly, 37 Wrangler MTR's on Fuel D116 17x9 Anza beadlocks
'66 Bronco - Uncut, 200 I6, NP435
Fuel Offroad D116 Anza Beadlock
BroncKrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/14, 10:16 PM   #3
Joker11

Jeeps are like A-holes. Everybody has one!!

Yuma, Arizona
Sorry to hear.

Never heard of him though.
Joker11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/14, 11:41 PM   #4
BronCowie
Contributor
Bronco Dawg

Hillsboro, OR

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker11 View Post
Sorry to hear.

Never heard of him though.
Same here but it is always sad to lose a brother.

May he rest in peace.

DefendOurConstitution!

'69 Sport daily driver since 1993. Manual Steering, Manual Drum Brakes, Manual Choke, Pull For Heat, Alice Turn Signals and much more.
BronCowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/14, 07:44 AM   #5
INPHOBIC
Bronco Guru

If it ain't broke I'll fix it til it is!

Kansas City, KS
Wow! That's terrible news. Thoughts are with his friends and family.
Jake

1971 Bronco
INPHOBIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/14, 09:06 AM   #6
broncoman1972
Contributor
Bronco Guru

FoMoCo Man

Denham Springs, La

My Gallery
Saw him at Ozzfest way back. He put on a good show. Sad to see he's gone.

74 Sport, tons, 5.0 EFI, 4R70W reverse manual - on the road again!
broncoman1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/14, 09:09 AM   #7
rubbman

catchy phrase goes here

Penntucky, CA 95946

My Gallery
Garage
Static-X was some of my favorite growl-music! Sucks to hear of Wayne's passing!
rubbman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/04/14, 12:09 PM   #8
ThisEndUp

FRIENDSVILLE, TN
RIP Buddy

This End Up-offroad
ThisEndUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/14, 10:26 AM   #9
Dusty
Bronco Guru

Mentone, CA

My Gallery
Sorry for bringing back up an old thread but I was buried in SEMA stuff when this story broke, and I'd like to add some info and pics to tribute Wayne here. The first time I met Wayne I didn't even realize he was the real thing. I was a big Static-X fan already, and when I saw a guy who looked just like him chatting with my So Cal Broncos buddies at Fabulous Fords many years ago, I thought it was just a fan who had done himself up like Wayne in tribute. I walked up and said "hey man you look JUST LIKE Wayne Static!" He just smiled and said "yeah I get that a lot". A few months after that, we were doing a So Cal Broncos trip to the Los Coyotes Indian Reservation, and we were all gathering at a gas station in Temecula to caravan out to the res. I thought we were all ready to go so I called out to saddle up. Terry Moistner said hang on, we're still waiting for Wayne. I said Wayne who? He said "Wayne Static, you met him at Fab Fords." That's when it clicked into place and of course I felt like an idiot LOL...anyhow Wayne showed up a few minutes later and we all headed out. These photos are from that trip, way back in 2002:

A group photo showing a few of us with Wayne. I'm the fatso to Wayne's right, as this was prior to my gastric bypass LOL....also in the photo, to my right are Terry Moistner, Mike Bautista, and my little nephew Quinn Sharp. I believe that's Eric Larson on Wayne's left (our right), but I can't recall who the others are in the pic:

Here's a shot of the recovery in progress after Mike Bautista leaned his Bronco on its side on El Hill. That's Wayne in the dark shirt.

Everyone hauling on the line to right Mike B's rig, including Wayne in the dark shirt in the center of the group:

Here's a shot of Wayne airing up after the run. That's his Bronco behind him, which had been outfitted mostly by himself and West Coast Broncos:

A few years later Wayne sent his Bronco to Poly Performance for some extensive overhauls. It was in Poly's booth at Off-Road Expo that year, with Wayne signing posters. I have one of the posters hanging on my garage wall.

During this same time I had become involved with West Coast Broncos. Through that relationship I crossed paths with Wayne and his new wife Tera Wray several times. He was friends with John Blaser so he stopped by the shop frequently when he was on his way out to his house near Johnson Valley. We wheeled with him on a night run on Clawhammer one time. I saw him and Tera for the last time at Jon's birthday party at his house, shortly after I departed WCB.

Wayne was a really cool guy. I tried not to act like a giddy schoolgirl around him, as I'm sure one of the things he liked about wheeling and being out in the desert was getting away from the fans and the rockstar life for a while. In person he was very quiet, well spoken, and gentle. Almost the opposite of his stage presence in Static-X. I met him a few times and got to know him somewhat, but it would be a stretch to claim we were anything more than acquaintances.

Details are still coming out about the cause of his death. Most have suspected a drug overdose, but his widow Tera Wray has vehemently denied that in her statements. Regardless of the cause of it, I will remember him fondly and continue to rock out whenever Static-X comes up in my iPod rotation.

Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/14, 10:38 AM   #10
motoman
Bronco Guru

Greg aka Motoman

Phoenix, AZ

My Gallery
Garage
Dusty, thank you for posting up with your story and pictures about Wayne! I've always been a fan! Twas my music of choice for the ride in this morning!

motoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/10/14, 11:06 AM   #11
Bronco1970man

Arizona
R.I.P. Wayne

Saw Static X in Phoenix years ago. They had some sound system troubles, but the class act Wayne is he just got the audience more involved and rocked it acoustic style. He will be missed by his fans and Bronco brothers and sisters alike.

In search of a '70...or maybe I'll just build one from scratch.
Bronco1970man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/19, 02:50 AM   #12
Paula

Were are this pics?
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/19, 11:06 AM   #13
rydog1130
Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

Bronco Math: time+money=bronco and if time=money then money+money=LOTS OF MONEY

Kalamazoo, MI

My Gallery
Garage
I remember getting one of his demo tapes before he was really big. My best friends dad was friends/coworkers with his mom. Small world...

1968 Bronco, 289, dana 30, C4 auto, stock ps, MSD ready to run ignition, centech, desert khaki....everything else stock: 1970 Bronco 302 3 spd, Koenig PTO winch : 1990 AM GENERAL HUMVEE 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T : 2008 Honda Element (aka Bronco Concept) : 1968 Dodge Charger in pieces
rydog1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/19, 12:48 PM   #14
Broncobowsher
Total hack

Adapt and overcome

Maricopa, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
Were are this pics?
This thread is 5 years old. The pictures were on a 3rd party hosting site. Want to know about posting to a 3rd party site instead of directly to classic Broncos? Take a few minutes and read up on how Photobucket soured anyones tastes on 3rd party hosting.

"She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro"-Zapp Brannigan
Why do people keep expecting "normal" from me?
Full throttle, it either solves the problem or ends the suspense.
Broncobowsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/19, 01:32 PM   #15
rydog1130
Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

Bronco Math: time+money=bronco and if time=money then money+money=LOTS OF MONEY

Kalamazoo, MI

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobowsher View Post
This thread is 5 years old. The pictures were on a 3rd party hosting site. Want to know about posting to a 3rd party site instead of directly to classic Broncos? Take a few minutes and read up on how Photobucket soured anyones tastes on 3rd party hosting.
Yeah I was going to say this isn't new news. I am seeing some of the photo bucket pics popping back up on here though

1968 Bronco, 289, dana 30, C4 auto, stock ps, MSD ready to run ignition, centech, desert khaki....everything else stock: 1970 Bronco 302 3 spd, Koenig PTO winch : 1990 AM GENERAL HUMVEE 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T : 2008 Honda Element (aka Bronco Concept) : 1968 Dodge Charger in pieces
rydog1130 is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat