• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA 1976 Ranger Rust free/1-owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Not registering is illegal but done all the time.

People get pissed that would have been glad to own it at 18k but are priced out of the market at the current price after a couple of thousand in work might have been done.

Buy and enjoying for years then selling is one thing, quick resale will be called a flipper.

In the end he got the deal closed first and can do what ever he wants!

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Free enterprise. Pissed because they didn't get the opportunity to own it or flip it? There is nothing wrong with what Jim is doing. If people don't like it, move on. There are a lot of deals out there, they just have to hustle and get there first they way he did. I tried pretty hard to get this one myself. I'm not pissed at Jim. Public posting brings them all out when they have a keyboard at their fingertips.

JGO

Contributor
Not registering is illegal but done all the time.

People get pissed that would have been glad to own it at 18k but are priced out of the market at the current price after a couple of thousand in work might have been done.

Buy and enjoying for years then selling is one thing, quick resale will be called a flipper.

In the end he got the deal closed first and can do what ever he wants!

If you're going to make a post about me that I didn't want or ask for please don't mischaracterize or be inaccurate. You may not be trying to harm me, but that's what your doing. Please let me know where for a "couple thousand" I can get a complete engine rebuild and new exhaust system, all smog parts, brand new Michelins, rear seat, bumpers and more!

I'm a MECHANIC which is a noble profession! Not a "flipper"! A Flipper buys, doesn't lift a finger to add value and sells. I sick of you guys that have one thumb up your butt, and one on your mouse clicker telling me im doing something wrong when I'm one of the good guys! Knock it off!

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
I don't like advertising here because I don't like a lot of the character assassination that goes on. Jim

You guys are unbelievable! I got Pops68 private messaging me now to continue the "one owner" controversy! He sent two messages to let me know I'm deceptive in my add THAT I DIDN'T EVEN POST HERE!

Hmmmmm….. so you don't like the character assassination, but you're obviously not averse to engaging in it. Pops is usually pretty mild in his manner and comments, and gave you the courtesy of not posting his comments or questions in public and create a shit show, and then you pull a punk move like that?

I'm sure the intent of your ad wasn't to deceive, but the wording of the ad is misleading, at best, and as worded (without further explanation of the technical "registered owner" detail) conveys the message that you're the one and only owner for the last 43 years. You probably are a good guy, but to say you're not doing anything wrong is a bit of a stretch. California law requires registration within 10 days of purchase. Not having done so is "wrong" and though I don't know for certain, most people doing what you're doing in buying a rig and adding to its value don't register in order to avoid paying the transfer fees and the sales or use tax related to your transaction in order to maximize profit. California law considers that wrong too, so much so that it could land you in some legal trouble regardless of whether that's what your intention was in not registering.

Come on man. Like I said, you probably are a good guy, but you are doing some stuff "wrong" too, probably not with the intent of a bad guy, just a bit lax in your words and interpretation of right and wrong.

JGO

Contributor
Hmmmmm….. so you don't like the character assassination, but you're obviously not averse to engaging in it. Pops is usually pretty mild in his manner and comments, and gave you the courtesy of not posting his comments or questions in public and create a shit show, and then you pull a punk move like that?

I'm sure the intent of your ad wasn't to deceive, but the wording of the ad is misleading, at best, and as worded (without further explanation of the technical "registered owner" detail) conveys the message that you're the one and only owner for the last 43 years. You probably are a good guy, but to say you're not doing anything wrong is a bit of a stretch. California law requires registration within 10 days of purchase. Not having done so is "wrong" and though I don't know for certain, most people doing what you're doing in buying a rig and adding to its value don't register in order to avoid paying the transfer fees and the sales or use tax related to your transaction in order to maximize profit. California law considers that wrong too, so much so that it could land you in some legal trouble regardless of whether that's what your intention was in not registering.

Come on man. Like I said, you probably are a good guy, but you are doing some stuff "wrong" too, probably not with the intent of a bad guy, just a bit lax in your words and interpretation of right and wrong.

Congratulations Rob! you baited me into responding again wasting several valuable minutes of my life. There is nothing illegal about what I'm doing. I bought a 76 Bronco (totally legal), I immediately applied for title/registration which is pending smog (as you pointed out required by DMV). I then started restoration work which I planned on finishing, but an opportunity to invest in my friends software company came up necessitating the early sale of the Bronco (totally legal, and since it never got titled in my name would make the next owner the 2nd registered owner). I knew that there are a lot of Assholes like you trolling this site so I chose to not advertise here. A Jerkoff like you hijacked my advertisement and posted it here and that's what got us to today. Any more questions or clarification needed just reach out!

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Congratulations Rob! you baited me into responding again wasting several valuable minutes of my life. There is nothing illegal about what I'm doing. I bought a 76 Bronco (totally legal), I immediately applied for title/registration which is pending smog (as you pointed out required by DMV). I then started restoration work which I planned on finishing, but an opportunity to invest in my friends software company came up necessitating the early sale of the Bronco (totally legal, and since it never got titled in my name would make the next owner the 2nd registered owner). I knew that there are a lot of Assholes like you trolling this site so I chose to not advertise here. A Jerkoff like you hijacked my advertisement and posted it here and that's what got us to today. Any more questions or clarification needed just reach out!

Sounds good, from your post it wasn't clear that you actually are engaged in the registration process, as is evident from others who questioned it. My initial observation, which was quite friendly, was to poke fun at you for the one owner comment. The whole thread would have died with your response, but then you had to be a punk and whine about Pops' private message to you, thereby engaging in the very type of character assassination your bemoaned of others. And I called you for it.

THAT'S WHAT GOT US HERE TODAY. Otherwise, the whole thing would have been past yesterday.

I didn't hijack your ad. If anything, you've clarified that you're every bit the jerkoff asshole you accuse others of being. Especially in your response to Hylandr who was only backing you up.

Keep up the good work. I have no problem with you selling the rig or even making a profit.

Good luck with the sale.

shellbc

I’d say if your interested in buying it that’s awesome!! But if not shut da fuk up Allready!!! And move on

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
I’d say if your interested in buying it that’s awesome!! But if not shut da fuk up Allready!!! And move on

I'd say the same applies if you're selling and publically bash the character of someone who didn't say anything about it in public. ;)

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Wow I cant believe I was not in on all this! Getting old.

JGO

Contributor
I'd say the same applies if you're selling and publically bash the character of someone who didn't say anything about it in public. ;)

The "wink" emoji is the go to tool for today's cyber bully. People that have been abused in real life often turn to the internet to try and regain some semblance of power. They are a sad part of society! I think Melania said it well in her "Be Best" campaign, Rob you are not "being best". Log off.

Jim

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
The "wink" emoji is the go to tool for today's cyber bully. People that have been abused in real life often turn to the internet to try and regain some semblance of power. They are a sad part of society! I think Melania said it well in her "Be Best" campaign, Rob you are not "being best". Log off.

Jim

LMFAO. You punk Pops whining about his private... PRIVATE.... messages to you which is the only thing that kept this discussion rolling along after Thursday, and you want to talk about whether others are "being best"

I suppose the "wink" emoji conjures up the image of bullying.... to someone with feelings of insecurity, inferiority and a general "victim" mentality. I'd say to most folks it connotes sarcasm and a tongue-in-cheek comment meant to be humorous or ironic.

Your punk move against Pops, not to mention your lame post above, are the ultimate definition of cyber bullying. cBut you pretend you're the victim, not the bully. Sorry Jim, but you're nobody to be standing on a soapbox on this subject.

But I'm sure that won't stop you from whining further about it. %)

JGO

Contributor
LMFAO. You punk Pops whining about his private... PRIVATE.... messages to you which is the only thing that kept this discussion rolling along after Thursday, and you want to talk about whether others are "being best"

I suppose the "wink" emoji conjures up the image of bullying.... to someone with feelings of insecurity, inferiority and a general "victim" mentality. I'd say to most folks it connotes sarcasm and a tongue-in-cheek comment meant to be humorous or ironic.

Your punk move against Pops, not to mention your lame post above, are the ultimate definition of cyber bullying. cBut you pretend you're the victim, not the bully. Sorry Jim, but you're nobody to be standing on a soapbox on this subject.

But I'm sure that won't stop you from whining further about it. %)

Stupid, a "punk" move is hijacking someone's advertisement without permission. A "punk" move is harassing someone through private messaging over the semantics of something so meaningless! In the context of a car sale its a "one owner" car until the second owner is issued a title. That's how they are advertised in the industry. Surely anyone that got serious about buying it would have an accurate understanding of the ownership chain before purchase! POPS68 might be the sweetest guy but he harassed me for no good reason like you and 75Denver Jerkoff! I would just apologize for not minding my own business If I were you guys. Basic manners that your parents should have taught you long ago.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Glad I have a reserved seat for this!

Attachments

• popcorn.jpeg
    popcorn.jpeg
    13.8 KB · Views: 18

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Stupid, a "punk" move is hijacking someone's advertisement without permission. A "punk" move is harassing someone through private messaging over the semantics of something so meaningless! In the context of a car sale its a "one owner" car until the second owner is issued a title. That's how they are advertised in the industry. Surely anyone that got serious about buying it would have an accurate understanding of the ownership chain before purchase! POPS68 might be the sweetest guy but he harassed me for no good reason like you and 75Denver Jerkoff! I would just apologize for not minding my own business If I were you guys. Basic manners that your parents should have taught you long ago.

Like I said, no doubt you'd continue to whine about it.

I didn't hijack your ad, or harass you about it. And Pop's pm hardly harassed you, but you sure were a prime-time asshat in responding to him. So don't be lecturing anybody about a lack of manners.

Only person in this thread that owes anybody an apology is you. Or you can just keep the thread going letting your insecure inferiority victim complex light keep flashing.

JGO

Contributor
Like I said, no doubt you'd continue to whine about it.

I didn't hijack your ad, or harass you about it. And Pop's pm hardly harassed you, but you sure were a prime-time asshat in responding to him. So don't be lecturing anybody about a lack of manners.

Only person in this thread that owes anybody an apology is you. Or you can just keep the thread going letting your insecure inferiority victim complex light keep flashing.

Only on the internet is the guy that was just minding his own business the one that needs to apologize LOL!

Here's a tattoo recommendation for you and your band of internet tough guys!

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 67

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
There's minding your own business, and then there's having a crying-jag self pity party because someone asked you a question privately, and you go make it public all about how wronged you've been. Seriously, go back, and look at how many people in this thread you've attacked and accused of "hurting" you, even those that stood up for you, and then look in the mirror and see if mommy will give you a hug and a lolli-pop.

Victim much?

redpony

Contributor
The making of another garage queen! We had one of those. Sold it now i do not feel easy about just running down to the store with the top off in our broncos. Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.