• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newbie with 67 U14 Bronco

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Was there a build sheet in the springs on the bottom of the bench seat?

OP
OP
R

RVZIO

Loc.
New Smyrna Beach
Bronco67

Looking at graveyard for a new gas tank and sender. Appears that the main fuel lines running from the tank to up front are not steel or just get the rubber lines available. Tanks seems to be polyethylene. All that ok or try to go all steel.

OP
OP
R

RVZIO

Loc.
New Smyrna Beach
Bronco build

How does this stuff go back in the dash. Anyone have a picture of what it looks like in the dash.

RVZIO

Attachments

• 20190617_132100.jpg
    20190617_132100.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 20190617_132104.jpg
    20190617_132104.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20190617_132115.jpg
    20190617_132115.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 21

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
So I took a few more pictures of my rustbucket. Removed the dummy floor panel patches and the seat. Kinda everywhere I look there is rust. I see and read that there appear to be a ton of different ways to approach these restores. I kinda think that everyone does their own thing. I can do that also but just need to decide if I want to really get into this build. Anyway enjoy the rust shots!

RVZIO

Build it, they will come :)

rjcruz27

Both Nashville early bronco and mattgarage on youtube have great videos of them taking apart and reassembling their dash. Just remember get it running.......then set little goals. new front floor pans. new inner fenders. do not take the thing apart and then get overwhelmed and start spending a lot of money on parts. you will lose your mind. baby goals. until you get some momentum. theres nothing better then getting the thing to fire up and take it around the block. then to get it on the main street. then to get it on the highway. then tossing in floor pans and taking it back out on the road, then inner fenders and then driving it for the summer, then have a winter goal. my two cents.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
The 170 6cyl or 289 v8 were the choices, the 170 being standard. Oil bath air cleaners were standard 66' 170 issue, not sure when the paper air cleaners were available in 67'

oil baths were definitely standard issue, but the paper element air filters were optional even in '66

OP
OP
R

RVZIO

Loc.
New Smyrna Beach
Both Nashville early bronco and mattgarage on youtube have great videos of them taking apart and reassembling their dash. Just remember get it running.......then set little goals. new front floor pans. new inner fenders. do not take the thing apart and then get overwhelmed and start spending a lot of money on parts. you will lose your mind. baby goals. until you get some momentum. theres nothing better then getting the thing to fire up and take it around the block. then to get it on the main street. then to get it on the highway. then tossing in floor pans and taking it back out on the road, then inner fenders and then driving it for the summer, then have a winter goal. my two cents.

Some good points, thank you. I actually did get the Bronco running if only with a new battery and a little gas down the carb. That was pretty cool!. Need to hunt down that chrome ignition ring that holds the switch in the dash. I assume that would not be unique to just a Bronco.

OP
OP
R

RVZIO

Loc.
New Smyrna Beach
Bronco67

Started taking a look at why the tail gate doesn't open. Guess I will try to remove the handle section to see if I can work it open from their. Pretty rusty!

OP
OP
R

RVZIO

Loc.
New Smyrna Beach
Bronco build

First time the tail gate has been open in 20 yrs. according to the prior owner. Anyway what's the bump out on the left of the inner fender for.

RVZIO

Attachments

• 20190620_130251.jpg
    20190620_130251.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20190620_130258.jpg
    20190620_130258.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20190620_130304.jpg
    20190620_130304.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 16

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
First time the tail gate has been open in 20 yrs. according to the prior owner. Anyway what's the bump out on the left of the inner fender for.

RVZIO

for the fuel filler hose/pipe...yep heard lots of stuck Bronco tailgate stories around here ;D

OP
OP
R

RVZIO

Loc.
New Smyrna Beach
Bronco67

Noticed that there is no gas tank underneath. Looks like the forward gas cap has a large hose on it the rear cap has nothing. Am I getting a large metal tank, where does it get installed. 2 tanks or one. The metal tank or poly tank are 13 gallon units . I s that what they were?

RVZIO

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
I believe the rear tank would be metal (13 gal) and the aux or side tank would be poly (8 gal). There would have been a metal filler neck from each cap to a rubber hose going into the tank. Hope that helps!!;D;D;D

OP
OP
R

RVZIO

Loc.
New Smyrna Beach
Bronco67

Pressure washed the Bronco today since it was 105 here in Florida. Mud daubers, mud etc. All of the body mounts are removed. Well 4 were rotted out and gone. Anyway can I was going to use my 2 post lift to lift the body enough to get the frame out. With that in mind I didn't think I needed to support the body since doors, tailgate etc are all still on the body. Right!

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
I'd still B carefu abt the frnt (last 2 body mounts or frm the 2nd set forward) to keep door openings frm twiqued.

OP
OP
R

RVZIO

Loc.
New Smyrna Beach
The doors should keep it from folding in, but nothing will be holding the front to keep it from bending down!! Hope that makes sense!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Makes sense, I will rig something up for the front while on the lift. The body dollie I make will make sure front is supported.
As I remove stuff I will brace off the body for sure.
RVZIO

OP
OP
R

RVZIO

Loc.
New Smyrna Beach
I put the ignition bezel in the dash but can't seem to get the key tumbler in. I noticed the in removal of the tumbler you need to stick something thin into the small hole on the plate. Maybe you need to do the same to install? Thought for now before I start the restore I would keep things together. Have a bad habit of losing things.

RVZIO