Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat

Old 01/31/13, 10:52 AM   #211
landshark99
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Denver, Colorado

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Denver View Post
I don't know where I've been the last couple years but I just read through your entire build over breakfast and love it! Amazing work!! That's one of the cleanest starters I've seen in a long time. And the color combination, one of my top pick. I can't wait to see your next project. Would I be correct in assuming you might sell this one to fund the next?
thanks! yes got lucky the original truck was a good candidate for a frame off restore

I still need to put the finishing touches on it.. missing the chrome around the windows (they need to be straightened and polished), tire carrier, aftermarket radio in tuffy console, touch up work underneath, steering box rebuild and some other little touch up details here and there - not to mention I will probably recover the front seats this spring, too many holes in the drivers side.

as far as selling it.. i dont think i would ever find a nicer one and would kick myself, so we will see. right now i plan on driving it for the time being and enjoying it.

next project will probably be a cut offroad version to replace my fullsize bronco rock crawler...but anything is possible!

landshark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/13, 08:19 PM   #212
Fireball05
Bronco Guru

Central PA
Landshark, I've said it before and I'll say it again - love your build! Turned out awesome.

Would be curious to ask the following question.... with the wisdom gained only by experience, is there anything you would've done differently?
Fireball05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/13, 08:20 AM   #213
landshark99
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Denver, Colorado

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball05 View Post
Landshark, I've said it before and I'll say it again - love your build! Turned out awesome.

Would be curious to ask the following question.... with the wisdom gained only by experience, is there anything you would've done differently?
thanks, well off the top of my head I obviously should have taken the frame and body in and got the whole thing blasted, would have saved me allot of time on my back in the garage over the winter and in the long run saved me money. It cost about the same if not more to buy the blast media and if you count the time - probably months, where as it would have taken just a day or two to do the whole truck and frame. I would have then had the body stored while i put everything together on the frame.. including engine, transmission, axles etc... then had the body painted and set it on the frame and build it from there..

In hindsight It would have been nice to have overdrive and I would have built the 302 a bit beefier, although I dont regret the rebuilt c4 or the engine, it runs very very nice - would have been a "nice to have" kind of thing.

There are other small little things but as you said i learned allot and doing it again I would be twice as fast obviously - now that i know where everything goes

I haven't really decided what to do with the truck, i drive it once a week but I almost feel like I'm not enjoying it as someone else might (its too nice), that being said I will probably drive it a bit more once the weather is better, but the longer I have it the more I want to start tweaking things!

Old 02/01/13, 12:28 PM   #214
Fireball05
Bronco Guru

Central PA
Did you keep the aux tank, and if so do you think was worth the trouble? I know you put a 23 main in the rear.

Also, how about the suspension? Happy with that? Did you go the extended front shock mounts or just standard length?

Thanks!
Fireball05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/13, 12:39 PM   #215
landshark99
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Denver, Colorado

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball05 View Post
Did you keep the aux tank, and if so do you think was worth the trouble? I know you put a 23 main in the rear.

Also, how about the suspension? Happy with that? Did you go the extended front shock mounts or just standard length?

Thanks!
I kept the aux tank and iam using it as a transfer tank, the pump on it is a slooooow one.. might change it out sooner or later for a faster one. Other than that it works great, works off the dash switch.

love the suspension, no complaints rides nice for a Bronco. I used the stock shock mounts up front just new shocks.

Old 02/01/13, 02:06 PM   #216
Hank_
Bronco Guru

Pure Michigan

Adrian, MI
Garage
I can't say anything that others haven't already said about your bronco. I love the fact that you did all that work in that small space. Great job on your build. That is truly a vehicle anyone would be proud to own yet alone to have done all the work yourself. Congrats.

Henry

I can fix it. My old man's a TV repair man. He has the ultimate set of tools.
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=187354 My build thread.
Hank_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/13, 03:09 PM   #217
gnsteam
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Fred

Lincoln NE
eBay: gnsteam

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank_ View Post
I can't say anything that others haven't already said about your bronco. I love the fact that you did all that work in that small space. Great job on your build. That is truly a vehicle anyone would be proud to own yet alone to have done all the work yourself. Congrats.

Henry
X2 on what Henry said. This by far is my favorite LUBR. A job well done.

Fred

1976 Special Decor, 302, C4, PS, PB.
Running 33" x 9.5 with no lift and 4:11 Posi's at both ends. Build thread. http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...+Special+Decor
gnsteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/13, 10:59 AM   #218
landshark99
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Denver, Colorado

My Gallery
Garage
Not much to update on but I did replace the exhaust manifold gaskets and resealed the valve covers as i had a little leak out the back on one.. wow so quiet now didn't realize how loud the exhaust leak was!

I also took the bronco to my first car show at All Ford Day at the local Dragstrip (Bandimere) and picked up an award for best of show runner up in the Truck, SUV, Wagon category pretty neat! Now I just need to finish up the restore in the next couple of months to call it done!

Old 06/24/13, 11:02 AM   #219
gnsteam
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Fred

Lincoln NE

My Gallery
Garage
Looking good Shark!

Running 33" x 9.5 with no lift and 4:11 Posi's at both ends. Build thread. http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...+Special+Decor
Old 08/13/13, 08:04 PM   #220
landshark99
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Denver, Colorado

My Gallery
Garage
I finally got around to installing my check engine light

Started to install my straightened and polished door trim...

Took it for a drive to test out the viper built steering box

Drives pretty well. Still a little slop but honestly that could be the alignment, tie rods or some combo of both. iam going to get an alignment here soon and see how far its off.

Old 08/14/13, 08:25 PM   #221
Texas9902
Contributor

Dallas (Lakewood)
Garage
Tremendous

Tremendous effort on the Bronco. It's art. But as much as the restoration, the pictures and flowing commentary were priceless. Thanks for taking us along.
Texas9902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/27/14, 08:07 AM   #222
landshark99
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Denver, Colorado

My Gallery
Garage
wow its really been a year already???

I guess I better update this thread!

I have finally gotten around to planning the finishing touches on my build.

I am working with Melissa at the Bronco Hut to match the interior front seats as I want to replace them - driver side is slowly getting worse.

Picked up a center console, i will be recovering the padded arm rest in the solid ranger green and mounting it to a custom bracket that attaches to the passenger and drivers seat mounts so that I don't ahve to drill any holes in the body.

I will probably have some something built for the rear speakers as I will not be cutting holes in my ranger rear interior quarter panels but want to keep things clean - its tough.

Since I picked up a BC top for my 69 Bronco I won't be putting the hardtop back on it so I have decided to pull the sliding windows out it and put them in the 76. I have also ordered a slightly darker rear piece of glass for the lift gate as well so finally getting around to replacing all the rubber in the hard top. Guess that means I need to get the chrome molding around the windows polished too..

I haven't decided what to do about the rear tire carrier.. i really like not having one. Its clean, easy to get into the lift/tailgate and best of all no rattles. I do have it all painted and even have an extra slot that is polished and ready to be mounted. Half of me wants to get the body holes filled and not install it.. the other half wants to put it back on to keep it "original"... eh

I am going to 31" tires and re-gearing to 3.73 or something near there. My rear gears are a bit noisy at road speed due to a bad install (me) the first time and running them a bit longer than I should have... I will want to of course install a limited slip or something in both axles as the same time of course

I am going to put the front sway bar back on, it needs it especially above 60 MPH.

I smell a winter project coming on!

Anyway.. lots of small things to do as well, i have had a blast driving the 76 its a great driver.

One of the downsides of driving it around is that it get ALLOT of attention, more than I want sometimes and I have to remind myself it comes with the territory. Everyone wants to talk about it or tell a story about how someone in their family had one or some Chevy guy coming up to you to say, "I am a chevy guy and hate Fords but if I had to own one it would be that Bronco."

Old 08/27/14, 08:37 AM   #223
gnsteam
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Fred

Lincoln NE

My Gallery
Garage
Landshark,

Your 76 in one of my top five builds on this site. You have done a great job and best of all it well documented. I really enjoy looking at your Bronco. Some day I hope to see it in person, being I just live one state east of you. I hope to attend some events your way when I get the reliability of my 76 to point I'm comfortable driving it longer distances.

As for your tire carrier. Have you seen the one that Tom build on this build?
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...207986&page=10

It gives the truck a stock look and I'm sure a lot less rattles. I'm using it as inspiration for a similar design for my 76. I'm in the early design stage now.

Old 08/27/14, 08:42 AM   #224
landshark99
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Denver, Colorado

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnsteam View Post
Landshark,

Your 76 in one of my top five builds on this site. You have done a great job and best of all it well documented. I really enjoy looking at your Bronco. Some day I hope to see it in person, being I just live one state east of you. I hope to attend some events your way when I get the reliability of my 76 to point I'm comfortable driving it longer distances.

As for your tire carrier. Have you seen the one that Tom build on this build?
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...207986&page=10

It gives the truck a stock look and I'm sure a lot less rattles. I'm using it as inspiration for a similar design for my 76. I'm in the early design stage now.
Ah thanks for the link.. that is an interesting solution... I will take a hard look at that!

Old 10/06/14, 07:21 PM   #225
FLYWHEEL

1976 U15 Ranger

Sevierville,Tn

My Gallery
Garage
Nice !
Looks Great job well done !

76 Ranger 302 v8 C4 A/C P/S Pdisc/b uncut for now , 33's & cut outs in future !
FLYWHEEL is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat