Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat

Old 12/17/13, 11:01 AM   #301
INPHOBIC
Bronco Guru

If it ain't broke I'll fix it til it is!

Kansas City, KS
Ron Francis EFI wiring showed up. Got a great deal on it over thanksgiving from Tom's Bronco parts.

ECM mount built. Working on routing wiring currently. Reworking the harness some to allow me to mount the components where I want them.

1971 Bronco
INPHOBIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/13, 12:55 PM   #302
Yeller
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Rogers County OK
Garage
WOO HOO Progress!

Driver of the Broncno

The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.
Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/13, 08:41 AM   #303
INPHOBIC
Bronco Guru

Kansas City, KS
Got a little wiring work done. Tried to mount the relays and EFI fuse block where it was still accessible once the dash is in place. This is on the inside of the passenger foot well. Hoping to get back onto the chassis side of the wiring tomorrow.

1971 Bronco
Old 01/02/14, 10:13 AM   #304
INPHOBIC
Bronco Guru

Kansas City, KS
Got a little more wiring work done yesterday.

1971 Bronco
Old 01/02/14, 10:53 AM   #305
sprdv1
Contributor
REBEL

Guess you better call the Whaaaambulance

Lees Summit-Missouri

My Gallery
So Close you can taste it almost..

sprdv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/14, 01:03 PM   #306
SpareParts
Bronco Guru

My wife understands my Addiction.

Gerald, Missouri

My Gallery
Garage
Wiring looks good!

1972, EFI'ed 357W, C6, 1356 StrongBox/205, ARBed D60, Shaved 14 bolt, 4:10's, stretched custom 3 link front and rear, hydroboost, 4wheel disks, 40" Creepy Crawlers on DIU 17's & 39.5" TSL's on H1's, BUILT NOT BOUGHT -My Build Thread- -My Videos-
SpareParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/14, 09:27 AM   #307
INPHOBIC
Bronco Guru

Kansas City, KS
Got a little more wiring done over the past couple of days. Still have a couple of grounds and the positive connections on the inside of the firewall to be made.

I routed the starter wire in between the header and the block and it's really tight in there. So I am looking for input on what type of heat protection to use. It looks like the fiberglass coated in silicone is what most desert guys run but the only advantage I can see is the better resistance to Fire. I just pulled some DEI pictures for you guys that only look at those.

or

1971 Bronco
Old 01/16/14, 09:48 AM   #308
Yeller
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Rogers County OK
Garage
for the ultimate in portection I really like the fiberglass/silicone for wiring. It stands up to repeated abuse with chemicals and pressure washing. the washing is a big deal over time the other fails.

Driver of the Broncno

The bus I ride is so short it is a yellow Smart Car full of squirrels, monkeys and clowns.
Old 01/16/14, 10:03 AM   #309
INPHOBIC
Bronco Guru

Kansas City, KS
Thanks Steve! That is what I wanted to hear anyways! Didn't want any if that shiny stuff.

1971 Bronco
Old 01/16/14, 11:15 AM   #310
Yeller
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Rogers County OK
Garage
Figure out what size and length you need I'll see if we have any left doesn't look like you'll need much

Driver of the Broncno

Old 01/16/14, 01:00 PM   #311
INPHOBIC
Bronco Guru

Kansas City, KS
Well the 4 gauge is about 3/8" Diameter. The 6 gauge running along side is a little smaller but not too much. I was thinking I might be able to get away with 1/2". Do you have a couple of battery cables and some half inch to see if you can make it fit?

1971 Bronco
Old 01/16/14, 02:39 PM   #312
Yeller
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Rogers County OK
Garage
Be glad too. Hopefully by tomorrow IT has my email fixed.......

Driver of the Broncno

Old 01/21/14, 09:21 AM   #313
INPHOBIC
Bronco Guru

Kansas City, KS
Finally got around to making my fuel line holders. I couldn't find anything off the shelf that fit what I wanted. Supply, return, wiring and brake line. So as usual I decided to try and make my own. I got a piece of 3/8"x1/2" Aluminum and cut them the same length. I then built a Drill guide to hold the drill bit centered over the two pieces of Aluminum. I chamfered the holes with a step bit and rounded the edges on the belt sander. As you can see I didn't get the jig built quite right the first time but the holders turned out great.

I added some "barb's" onto my heater hose pass through. My Harbor Freight lathe needs alot of work but for this kind of stuff it is perfect!

Last night I got started laying out what I wanted to do for a vent line. This is the idea but my tubing was just a few inches short. So I will redo that later this week. Also my buddy Jeremy stopped by over the weekend and brazed the tube on my tank as well. It didn't leak when I welded it and checked with soap and water but it had a damp spot around it that had collected dust.

Shoulder harness bar is tacked in place. Trying to decide if I should add a gusset on the bottom side. The cage has no triangulation but it's also not a race car.

1971 Bronco
Old 01/21/14, 11:41 AM   #314
Yeller
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Rogers County OK
Garage
SWEET!!!

On the belt bar I would do some bracing. Even though in the event of a hard tumble it will do its job and keep you and yours safe, some gussets in that area would help the belt line stay straighter and still allow the top portion to absorb energy. IMO the big thing is in a harder roll, doing a pirouette for instance, repair should be limited to the roof section and not require a complete rework. Those types of rolls are the ones I see most often cause the most damage, they tend to apply a lot force to a concetrated spot.

and yes I googled "pirouette" don't think this hill billy could spell that

Driver of the Broncno

Old 01/21/14, 11:57 AM   #315
sprdv1
Contributor
REBEL

Guess you better call the Whaaaambulance

Lees Summit-Missouri

My Gallery
Those turned out awesome man..

sprdv1 is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat