Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat

Old 08/09/12, 09:37 PM   #1
Stutsmo
Contributor
Bronco Guru

"It's a work in progress!"

Elkhart

My Gallery
Grin Stutsmo's 67 build.

I started thinking….. Now I have a problem, and it is a Bronco addict’s worst nightmare. That freakin Dave Ramsey……. EVERYTHING he teaches in financial peace university is a blatant disregard of a Bronco addict’s way of thinking and living. What does he mean? ”save money”……“plan for your financial future.” …….“Every dollar has a name so Tell your money where to go and what to do before it’s even in the Bank.” This leads me to my problem….It’s time for me to part with my Bronco addict tendencies. The wife and I agreed that we get to keep 1 Bronco until we can achieve baby step 7. Some of you already know what I am talking about (Baby steps) because you have been through it. I encourage those of you that struggle with finances to at least check out what he has to say.
So here’s what is happening. Every Bronco part I don’t need for my “Junko” build must be sold. I have a bunch of parts and some are worth some money but most aren’t. Whatever money I get out of my spare parts is what I have to finish up the “Junko” build. So since a lot of my parts are not desirable any longer like 3 speed Trans, Dana 44 with drum brakes, frame but no title, etc….. I think (and this is what gets me in trouble) that a complete running Bronco would net me more cash than trying to sell the parts by themselves. I wasn’t going to do a build thread on this but I decided to because when I look back on some of my previous threads they have helped me figure out what the heck I was thinking at the time I did it! It will also serve as a diary of sorts for me, and the new owner when the Bronco is completed. So enough of the background of why I am building it and on with the build….. Here are some pics to get it started.
The first 3 pics are of the frame and front axle, and stock suspension before I disassembled media blasted and painted them. The rest of the pics are of the painted parts and some bushings which I sold some other parts to pay for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1286
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	267764   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	267765   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	267766   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	267767  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	267768   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	267769   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	658
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	267770   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	615
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	267771  

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	267772   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	267773   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	267774   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	267775  

Last edited by Stutsmo; 12/29/17 at 12:40 PM.. Reason: change title

Stutsmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/12, 09:51 PM   #2
Stutsmo
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Elkhart

My Gallery
More pics

here are some more pics of the cleaning/painting process. Last pic is a 4x4x2 box. I sold some parts and bought it from a member on this board. It has been blasted and painted since I took this pic.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	267776   Click image for larger version

Name:	14.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	267777   Click image for larger version

Name:	15.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	267778   Click image for larger version

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	267779  

Name:	17.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	267780   Click image for larger version

Name:	18.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	267781   Click image for larger version

Name:	20.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	267782   Click image for larger version

Name:	21.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	267783  

Old 08/09/12, 10:07 PM   #3
bknbronco
Bronco Guru

BRONCO ENVY.....Its a Jeep thing!

North Metro, MN
My build thread has helped me remember exactly what i did and what part numbers i used. If this site ever goes down and i lose my build thread im screwed! Good luck! The documentation of a build is important for future fixes and for others.

If women cant find you handsom they should at least find you handy!
Gota love the snowball effect...Thats broncoing for ya!
68 frame off project with glass tub and fenders
bknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/12, 10:53 PM   #4
bigpitbull
BRONCO ADDICT

Busted Knuckles

Saltillo, MS
eBay: Bigguns26
Garage
this will be interesting!!

1976 Ranger dark brown- 1976 chrome yellow ranger SOLD -1975 Halfcab build project- 1972 Sport/Explorer package- 1966 U15 caribbean turquoise--1966 U15 Ranch Wagon--(2)1966 U14 halfcabs--1966 U13 arcadian blue 98k original miles from California--(3)1966 U13s-1974 Explorer-SOLD-1974 Explorer Red/Red
bigpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/12, 11:38 PM   #5
thegreatjustino
Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey

Vroom Vroom

Stockton, CA
Garage
Cool idea. It's funny to think there could be a complete bronco in all of our spare parts piles

'When my Bronco is finished' is only a hypothetical statement.
thegreatjustino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/12, 04:11 AM   #6
Stutsmo
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Elkhart

My Gallery
I am also keeping a detailed spread sheet of parts used along with this thread the new owner will know exactly what he/she is buying……Yea this has been More challenging and a little more slow going than I expected I have been working on it a month and still don’t have a body on the frame yet. I’ll post up some more pics after work.

Old 08/10/12, 07:33 AM   #7
Justafordguy
Bronco Guru

Tallahassee, Fl

My Gallery
Garage
Hey Stutsmo, What are you painting the frame/axles with? It looks great so far.

77 Bronco, 302, 4bbl, Hei, C4, PS, PB, BCB-A/C, 33" KM2s, D44/Lock-Right - Chromo axles, 9"/Grizzly locker - Yukon axles, Tom Woods driveshafts, 2.5" sl, 1" bl, Bilstein shocks, 1 ton steering, JB-fab twin stick, D20,

2017 F350 CC LB KR FX4
2005 F250 CC FX4
2016 Edge Sport V6 EcoBoost AWD
Justafordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/12, 12:45 PM   #8
broncosbybart
Bronco Guru

Is it 5 YET???

Charlotte NC
I'm with ya on the Dave Ramsey thing. One guy I know got his living expenses to $2400/month including mortgage, college loans, baby stuff, virtually all expenses. I just figured ours, and it is MUCH higher....

So, props to ya for digging out of debt. We are about there and it feels great! If you need some parts for your project, post up and I'll see if I can send anything your way. Most of us do have enough to build a spare truck with, it seems. Most of my 'extra' stuff is now gone, but I'd be happy to help a brother out if I can.

My advice is to get it running and driving. Maybe get a cheap Maaco paint job, if you can do the prep work. A lot of the nice 'add on' stuff and a good paint job will break the bank!

Carolina Broncos Member- www.cb4x4.com
broncosbybart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/12, 12:48 PM   #9
broncosbybart
Bronco Guru

Is it 5 YET???

Charlotte NC
And, yes the racing thing goes completely against anything Ramsey would say, in case you were wondering

Gotta have some fun, right?

Old 08/10/12, 12:49 PM   #10
Calvengeance

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.

Schofield Barracks
Stick with the Financial Peace, it's excellent.

Also, in addition to the 4x4x2 box, what else do you need to put PS in an early Bronco?
Calvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/12, 02:10 PM   #11
broncosbybart
Bronco Guru

Is it 5 YET???

Charlotte NC
2 groove pulleys, ps brackets and pump, hoses, and maybe modify the steering shaft a touch. For the 4x4x2 box, it doesn't bolt up to the frame nicely. It takes a fair bit of work to get it to fit. I bought a BC kit to do it. If you don't have a plasma (makes life a lot easier) or a welder, you'll need to get someone to do that for you. Personally, I don't see the allure to the 4x4x2 box. Broken several sector shafts in them on the racer. I think the stock EB box is about as strong (my opinion only).

Old 08/10/12, 02:17 PM   #12
Stutsmo
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Elkhart

My Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justafordguy View Post
Hey Stutsmo, What are you painting the frame/axles with? It looks great so far.
I used rust seal from KBS coatings found on this site…. Thanks for reminding me I need to go order some more!

Quote:
broncosbybart
I'm with ya on the Dave Ramsey thing. One guy I know got his living expenses to $2400/month including mortgage, college loans, baby stuff, virtually all expenses. I just figured ours, and it is MUCH higher....

So, props to ya for digging out of debt. We are about there and it feels great! If you need some parts for your project, post up and I'll see if I can send anything your way. Most of us do have enough to build a spare truck with, it seems. Most of my 'extra' stuff is now gone, but I'd be happy to help a brother out if I can.

My advice is to get it running and driving. Maybe get a cheap Maaco paint job, if you can do the prep work. A lot of the nice 'add on' stuff and a good paint job will break the bank!

Thanks! I know I don’t have everything it will take to complete it so I’ll probably be posting up on this thread when something is needed. Way cool of you to offer though! My plan is to have it running and drive it a bunch wile I am trying to sell it. Working out as many of the bugs as I can for the next guy. I already have paint for it (single stage) and I plan on attempting the body/ paint myself, I have never painted before but I have always wanted to try it.

Quote:
broncosbybart
And, yes the racing thing goes completely against anything Ramsey would say, in case you were wondering Gotta have some fun, right?
Absolutely! I totally understand, I am not ever going to totally give up my hobby (ANYTHING Broncos!) but I am going to scale back a bunch and Man up and make sure the family is taken care of first! But you are right We GOTTA HAVE SOME FUN!

Old 08/10/12, 02:22 PM   #13
Stutsmo
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Elkhart

My Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvengeance View Post
Stick with the Financial Peace, it's excellent.

Also, in addition to the 4x4x2 box, what else do you need to put PS in an early Bronco?
Financial peace is now a way of life for my family there is no doubt we are going to stick with it.

The power steering I am putting on is detailed completely on B.C. Broncos web site just click on steering and you will know everything you will need to do a conversion. I love that site!

Old 08/10/12, 02:30 PM   #14
Stutsmo
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Elkhart

My Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosbybart View Post
2 groove pulleys, ps brackets and pump, hoses, and maybe modify the steering shaft a touch. For the 4x4x2 box, it doesn't bolt up to the frame nicely. It takes a fair bit of work to get it to fit. I bought a BC kit to do it. If you don't have a plasma (makes life a lot easier) or a welder, you'll need to get someone to do that for you. Personally, I don't see the allure to the 4x4x2 box. Broken several sector shafts in them on the racer. I think the stock EB box is about as strong (my opinion only).
Yea my experience installing the box will be documented….I actually just got my part of the install finished. Now I am just waiting on my welder friend who shall remain nameless to get off his butt and weld the reinforcing plate on!! This will be my first completed 4x4x2 conversion so I am not sure how the Bronco is going to drive yet.

Old 08/10/12, 05:04 PM   #15
SpareParts
Bronco Guru

My wife understands my Addiction.

Gerald, Missouri

My Gallery
Garage
Just watch using my name......It's taken! LOL

I have thought about building one on the ultra cheap, just have too many other projects..... Good luck on yours!

1972, EFI'ed 357W, C6, 1356 StrongBox/205, ARBed D60, Shaved 14 bolt, 4:10's, stretched custom 3 link front and rear, hydroboost, 4wheel disks, 40" Creepy Crawlers on DIU 17's & 39.5" TSL's on H1's, BUILT NOT BOUGHT -My Build Thread- -My Videos-
SpareParts is offline   Reply With Quote

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat