• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Started the EFI Swap on Chipper

Revelation

Bronco Guru
And it has begun..........

Before starting
G0010004Large_zps15d62539.jpg

Unbolting the intake/exhaust
G0010030Large_zps802607e3.jpg

Ready for EFI Intake/exhaust manifolds
G0010034Large_zps7a949a63.jpg

Oh Noes, Not enough firewall clearance, Nothing a cut off wheel can't handle.
G0010049Large_zps86114303.jpg

That should be enough
G0010096Large_zpsd8dd5563.jpg

sitting ready for the install on the passenger side, NAPA had to order the gaskets, they will be in at 8:30 A.M. Will worry about the firewall repairs after she is back running. Did check and I can use the serp set up, but will have to modify the core support to move the radiator forward about an inch and a half.
GOPR0131Large_zpsaf934e57.jpg

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Chipper must be a 300 six Or the stock 200? I was just at the super six site last nite. What tranny u going to run. Looks great what you have done so far. Can't wait to see the install.
frenchy

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
It is a 300, Industrial out of a wood Chipper! I am running a NP435 trans.
Been driving it for about 2 years and finally got the parts to do an EFI swap

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Very cool. A 300 swap is on my to do list to a Bronco one of these years.

I love the 300, Put 16000 miles on it so far with ZERO issues with the motor. When we built my Bronco it was planned from day 1 with the 300. Many mods were made to make it fit and it is still tighter than a banjo string.
But it was well worth the effort, Gets 17 mpg pulling my camper!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Do you have a thread about the original 300 install? I started a thread the other evening here about putting a 1990 EFI 300 in.

Edit: Just saw your sig lineL:)

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Be looking back in atterwhile;)...now go get them gaskets..;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I love the 300, Put 16000 miles on it so far with ZERO issues with the motor. When we built my Bronco it was planned from day 1 with the 300. Many mods were made to make it fit and it is still tighter than a banjo string.
But it was well worth the effort, Gets 17 mpg pulling my camper!

Them dang motors will go & go right.

Glad you finally got all your parts. ;)

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Lower intake and the exhaust manifold are on, Robbed more parts from the donor, Fuel pump, extra starter, exhaust, misc wires and such.
Was pulling the fuel rail and hummm 2 of the injectors were broken off, WTF $64 each?? Guess I will go on a part yard run next weekend.
Will get exhaust and fuel pump installed tomorrow.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Thats not what I am (*^_) )^%$$$ ()*^^!@# about
Mods from 2 years ago are kicking my butt!

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Not as bad as I am making it out to be, well sort of.
Lower intake- seems there are 2 ears broken off, #1 and #6, guess i will source a lower intake complete with fuel rail
Exhaust- going to have to go custom, the one off the F-150 would fit BUT we lowered the motor 3 inches, the pipe for the front 3 lacks about an inch and a half to fit.

Spent the day pulling more off the donor, anything I may be able to use. Only thing left to get is the harmonic balancer for the serp set up.

Fuel pump and related are good.

It is just going to take longer than I wanted it to. welcome to BroncoWorld!