Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Chat - Archives

Old 09/04/06, 10:04 PM   #1
LSUpete
Contributor
Bronco Guru

GEAUX Tigers

Windemere, FL
eBay: LSUpete

My Gallery
My latest Bronco rebuild project has begun

Fellas,

I picked up my next project vehicle today.

This one is a 1976 Ranger model. I found it here in Florida, but it's actually a California Bronco. The 23 year-old girl who sold it to me bought it when she was going to college and living in Malibu. After she finished school she had it shipped here to Florida. It has all of the goodies that come on a '76....PS, power disc brakes, but it also has A/C that works.....and not one ounce of rust! The best part was that she was asking $4,500 and ended up taking $4,000.

I will now begin the Frame-up restoration and will drop by from time to time to share progress photos.

Here are some images I took today:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-003F.JPG (99.2 KB, 405 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-002F.JPG (80.2 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-004F.JPG (94.4 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-006F.JPG (87.2 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-007F.JPG (56.9 KB, 306 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-010F.JPG (71.5 KB, 476 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-011F.JPG (71.3 KB, 268 views)

'76 Sport, Frame-off Restoration, modified '69 351w with Holley Sniper fuel EFI, 4R70w, 2 1/2" lift and 1 body lift, Hydratech hyroboost, Painless Harness with multiple adds, 33's on 17x8.5 wheels. http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88493
Old 09/04/06, 10:09 PM   #2
Blue71
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Broncos Rule!

Johnson City, TN
Pete...you suck Just kidding. Looks like you scored a super deal on that one. What are the plans for it as far as suspension, paint (actually looks good now), etc. Did you figure out a motor choice. Let us know. Hope all is well. What ever happened to the royal blue Bronco that you had when I met you guys at the BBQ place near Lakeland a couple years ago? Keep us posted on the progress.

Andy
Blue71

'69 Half Cab
'70 Wagon
'71 Stroppe Baja
'73 Sport
'74 Sport
'75 Wagon
'76 Explorer w/ Four Wheel Pop-up Camper
'77 Wagon
'77 Original Ranger, 76,000 mi

"Yes I Know, But When Do I Get To Drive That Thang"
Old 09/04/06, 10:16 PM   #3
LSUpete
Contributor
Bronco Guru

GEAUX Tigers

Windemere, FL

My Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue71
Pete...you suck Just kidding. Looks like you scored a super deal on that one. What are the plans for it as far as suspension, paint (actually looks good now), etc. Did you figure out a motor choice. Let us know. Hope all is well. What ever happened to the royal blue Bronco that you had when I met you guys at the BBQ place near Lakeland a couple years ago? Keep us posted on the progress.

Andy
Blue71

Hey Andy.....hell, you can't have every Bronco in the South.

I sold that blue one to an attorney down in South Beach. He called a few days after he bought it to tell me that he gets more girls in that Bronco than he does in his Ferarri.

I plan to take it down to the frame and add a 2 1/2" suspension lift from Chuck. I'll run dual shocks on hoops up front, but leave the singles on the rear. Of course I'll replace the engine with the 351w (after modifications have been performed). I'll defintely take it down to the metal and have it re-painted....but the color selection is a multiple choice right now. Completely new interior after the bed liner has been applied. New flares and a Best top. I'll also fab up a redesigned dash and I have a new design for a custom console that will look sweet. Centech, Tuffy, electric fuel pump with disconnect switch....you know my drill.

'76 Sport, Frame-off Restoration, modified '69 351w with Holley Sniper fuel EFI, 4R70w, 2 1/2" lift and 1 body lift, Hydratech hyroboost, Painless Harness with multiple adds, 33's on 17x8.5 wheels. http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88493
Old 09/04/06, 10:25 PM   #4
scsm76
Bronco Guru

NorCalBroncos.com

Shaver Lake, CA
I vote for keeping the green outdoor carpet!

JK, nice score.
Old 09/05/06, 04:05 AM   #5
ken75ranger
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Troy, NY
eBay: ken_75

My Gallery
Good find Pete.That one looks to be in decent shape. Not much metal to replace. Keep us updated.

'75 Ranger- with assorted parts
Old 09/05/06, 06:09 AM   #6
Mark
Contributor
Bronco Klutz

Seek freedom & become slave to your desires, Seek discipline & find your liberty

Northwest Indiana

My Gallery
Been anxiously waiting for you to start another one LSUPete!
The seller could have doubled what she wanted if she listed it on ebay (shhhh).
Looks like a great base to start with

'74 daily driver - 5.0 EFI - 4x4x2 steering box - Hboost - extended radius arms - TRO - ARB front and rear - 31 spline - 4.10 gears
Old 09/05/06, 06:21 AM   #7
Revelation
Bronco Guru

Got Stainless?

Kissimmee, Florida

My Gallery
Garage
Great find, One of these days when I am in Tampa I am going to have to run into all you Tampa Bronco Owners

Old 09/05/06, 06:26 AM   #8
brian72
Early Bronco Student

It is all back together and running good...Now time to upgrade stuff

Chattanooga, TN
pete - I was driving mine on saturday, but it did not want to run on monday.

When you going to start taking it apart? We are going to try and have a meet/greet mid-oct. Will it be in pieces then?

gonna frame off in your carport or do you have other plans?

Time and Money - That's All It Takes...Seems I am short of both !
BcBroncos 3.5" / 1" body lift, 35x12.5 BFG, 3spd,302 (for now) with Holley T/A 470.
Old 09/05/06, 07:12 AM   #9
LSUpete
Contributor
Bronco Guru

GEAUX Tigers

Windemere, FL

My Gallery
Brian,

You know me.....it will all be done right there in that little carport....except for the painting. Once the body is off and the chassis is disassembled, I'll sand-blast the frame and begin the POR-15 process. You know the drill from there....don't you. The body is in such good condition that there won't be ANY metal replacement. Hell, the floor pans aren't showing any signs of rust at all. Whomever had this little dawlin kept it nice and dry.

There's no way this will be ready by mid-October, so I'll have to bum a ride off you this time. I'm hoping to be done by the first of the year.

Old 09/05/06, 07:22 AM   #10
Flash69
Bronco Guru

Southwest Va

My Gallery
What a deal. Thats all ive got to say about that.
Old 09/05/06, 07:36 AM   #11
Skiddy
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Lookin at yer booger welds

Shawnee, OK

My Gallery
Garage
What a good deal Pete, keep us posted. It is a lot better than this one http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...863&page=8ne;D
Good luck with the build up as of course it will be sweet.

Tried True Ford Blue RIP my brother Mstark
74 Bronco with Mustang 5.0 EFI w/painless harness, C4, 4.56 gears, D20 twin stick, 35's, 3 1/2" SL, long arms, 3" BL, rear spool, Grizzly front locker D44, full cage, 5pt harness. bla bla
Old 09/05/06, 07:43 AM   #12
brian72
Early Bronco Student

It is all back together and running good...Now time to upgrade stuff

Chattanooga, TN
where you going to store the body when it is off....how you going to get the body off?

Let me know if you need some help with anything.

Time and Money - That's All It Takes...Seems I am short of both !
BcBroncos 3.5" / 1" body lift, 35x12.5 BFG, 3spd,302 (for now) with Holley T/A 470.
Old 09/05/06, 07:50 AM   #13
LSUpete
Contributor
Bronco Guru

GEAUX Tigers

Windemere, FL

My Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian72
where you going to store the body when it is off....how you going to get the body off?

Let me know if you need some help with anything.
Once the body is off, it will be taken to the farm in Ocala. I'll do the body work up there on weekends and have it painted up there by a "guy I know". The only thing being worked on at my house will be the chassis.

I could absolutely use some help lifting the body. I'll holla at ya when I determine which weekend that will be done.

Old 09/05/06, 07:54 AM   #14
NicksTrix
Bronco Guru

Dream Big

Denver, NC
eBay: NicksTrix
nice looking project base there pete. you should enjoy working on that one being in such good shape. great score!

Old 09/05/06, 08:09 AM   #15
72_EB
Contributor
66to77

Yeah, sweet Astrotuff, Pete!
Just kidding. Looks like a real nice score. It's the right color too.

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > Archives > Bronco Chat - Archives