• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

08 Baja 1000 co-pilot raffle tickets

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Sept. 30 we will draw one raffle ticket for co-pilot for one leg of the 08 Baja 1000. Last year we tried this and both winners worked out great so we are trying it again. The tickets are $10 each for as many as you want. They are now available by calling BCB.
The winner will learn the racer and GPS and be the navigator for one of the 4 driver/navigator teams for around 200 miles or about 25 percent of the course. As I decide which driver drives which section which section you will navigate may not be decided until we start racing.
If you are the winner you will be responsible for your own health care (we have not hurt anyone yet)and be required to bring the following.
Helmet
fire suit
water bag
passport
spending money
personal gear
plan to have a good time.
We have a few extra helmets and suits depending on the winners size.
We have had girls on the team and find that they are as good as the boys so the girls are welcome also.
We provide transport, a place to put a sleeping bag and get a shower in Mexico.

Last edited:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Sounds like I need to call Roxanne.

Bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Late Nov. is a good time to be in Baja and a not so good time to bE in Hawaii :)

You don't want to have a "greasypigeon" in your truck do you? I bet you don't have room for a big bastard in there either. You want to haul ass not haul ass.
Sounds like fun guys.

4x4Alaska

Loc.
Wasilla, Alaska
Dude, that is awesome that you're doing this Chuck...More teams should do this to help cover some of the costs...does that also cover the airfare from Alaska? Either way, I'm in...that's one ticket I wouldn't mind paying for...phone number for those too lazy to search?

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Last year cost $14,000 to race the Baja 1000 and this year we need 9 new wheels at $500 per so this raffle will help some. The main reason for the raffle is so people can get involved without spending that kind of money. The more people involved in class 3 racing the better.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
You don't want to have a "greasypigeon" in your truck do you? I bet you don't have room for a big bastard in there either. You want to haul ass not haul ass.
Sounds like fun guys.
I am 6-1 and 240 and I fit. One of the girls last year was 5-2 and 88 lbs. she fit also. No one starts out greasy but after 10 hrs in a racer you will be mostly covered with silt, mud, grease, a smile and who knows what else.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
sign up bax, your size is not an issue. it's a very fun time you'll always remember.

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
sign up bax, your size is not an issue. it's a very fun time you'll always remember.

Amen -- cheap price to do something that most only dream about, but few actually do. Chuck -- maybe I should buy a ticket so I have a better chance of actually participating this year! ;D

London sucks. I've been here a month and haven't seen 1 bronco! Can't wait for November! See ya --

bigjhoov

nobody

I've ridden in it a few times without a problem and I'm 6'3", 300 lbs. You'll never forget it, I promise you that.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Amen -- cheap price to do something that most only dream about, but few actually do. Chuck -- maybe I should buy a ticket so I have a better chance of actually participating this year! ;D

Are you saying your racer may not be ready? Can I help?
We have the heads off and the right one may have had a small leak(combusion to water jacket but not into cylinder), I hope because we will be putting it back together this weekend. All cylinders have carbon so no water in cylinders but a lot of water went someplace fast at the Mint 400.

bigjhoov

nobody
I think he's referring to the fact that he was the fourth leg last year but it didn't make it that far. Last I heard, we're on track to have it together with enough time to actually do some testing this year.

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO

Are you saying your racer may not be ready? Can I help?
We have the heads off and the right one may have had a small leak(combusion to water jacket but not into cylinder), I hope because we will be putting it back together this weekend. All cylinders have carbon so no water in cylinders but a lot of water went someplace fast at the Mint 400.

No -- it will be ready -- I just meant that I didn't get a chance to drive last year because we broke so earl! :mad:

Good luck with your motor -- it's always something, isn't it??

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I could put you in leg 2 if you want to take the chance. There could be some fun in passing yourself if the legs of the 2 racers aren't close in time and by the time you put 18-20 hrs. in a racer you will be thinking your passing yourself for sure. :)

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Any age limit to this raffle? ;D I am 16...
Finally looked this up in the SCORE rules. Rule GE3 says under 18 must provide a notarized minors release executed by his/her parent or legal guardian .
So you are good to go if you can get the release.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Well, we got the racer apart. Found the pass. side head gasket had a slight combuston leak into the water passages. The head was warped .007 so we had both heads machined .030 to get ride of the wire loc groove, pulled the pistons to check them and the rings, all is good there. Replaced the main and rod bearings just because we were there. Finished it up and it fired right up. Ran it 1 hr on the lift, temp goes to 185 then down to 170, the fans do not come on. They should come on at 190. All that looks real good, we will see when we get a chance to put some miiles on it. I am waiting for a y pipe to delete the muffler and just run a spark arrester. BTY we have a few raffle tickets left.