• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 Bronco Running Lights Question

NCSUWoj

Contributor
Loc.
Lynchburg, VA
Got a 66 here I am putting the final touches on and just now getting all the wiring straightened back out. All original harness that does no have the first splice in it. Got running lights front and rear when the headlight switch is at the first level. Once I pull the switch all the way out for the headlights, my front running lights go out but the taillights stay lit. The question I have for you 66 owners is are my front running lights supposed to go out with the headlights on or do I have a problem? It seems strange that my taillights stay lit but the fronts go out when the headlights come on. It is a new headlight switch. Any thoughts?? PS My 74 the running lights stay lit all the way around with the headlights on.

siderbox

Bronco Guru
That is the way they work.
Mater fact that is how all Fords worked up till the early 70s.

Had to do with the low power output of the generators.
When the altenators started putting out more and reliable power the park lights stayed on, along with the additions of other loads.

OP
OP
NCSUWoj

NCSUWoj

Contributor
Loc.
Lynchburg, VA
Thanks

Thanks for all the replys folks! I was not looking forward to having to try and sort that one out!