• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1967 6cyl 170 ci Water Temp Sender location???

hc37180

Loc.
Seattle, WA
Been getting to some small projects on this newer rig I bought about 2 months ago. After extensive search & destroy missions I cannot find any water temp sender on this 6 cylinder engine. There is a unattached connector coming off of the small bundle which also goes to the oil sender but nothing in the immediate area for a water temp sender. I am guessing based on the wiring harness something should be close?
I have seen some info in some other sites like pass side above the starter, water pump near the thermostat housing but there is nothing that remotely looks like a water temp sender on this engine, so the question is where the hell is this located?? I even have the original Ford 67 manual and can find nothing related to this topic so please any info is appreciated.

ohpoo2

Contributor
I have a 170 with it in the thermostat housing but I think I have seen them on the drivers side by the fire wall the engine I have has a plug in the head back there. hope this helps, D