• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX 1969, 302, 3 Spd manual, Project - $13.500

Robb0h

City: Abilene, TX
Price: $ 13500

SOLD, thanks.

EDIT: For some reason after 5 pictures it won't show the rest, so I'll add more pics in new replies. I realized in the middle of writing this my pics of the tops/engine/trans are not on my computer so I'll get them off my phone tomorrow and add them here.

$13.5 with rotisserie, $11k without. Picked up 79602

Located in TX. 3hr West of Dallas. I have a 1969, uncut, 302, 3-spd Bronco. I bought it on here a few years ago from a family after the owner had started the restoration and unfortunately passed away. 79,xxx on the odo.

As purchased:

https://flic.kr/p/2ob7CGP https://flic.kr/p/2ob5aWB https://flic.kr/p/2ob5aXy https://flic.kr/p/2ob7oE7 https://flic.kr/p/2ob5aU7
From appearances, PO had started collecting parts for the project so I have seat foams and covers, and new dash that are new in box. He had various body panels purchased for any rust in the body. It appears he had gone through the brakes (calipers on front, new stainless brake lines) and gotten the wheels powder coated white and added new tires and had new exhaust run. My wife and I drove and enjoyed it as it was.

My next door neighbor and friend owns a body shop. In 2020, the insurance companies went through a period where they weren't processing cars, just sitting them in a lot so work dried up at this shop. He asked if I had anything I was interested in having him work on as he had committed to not laying his guys off no matter what, but he didn't want them to stand around doing nothing. So, I sent the Bronco over there for them to put in the panels where there was rust and paint it. Turns out there was more rust than I had found and so they pulled the body off the frame and repaired some rust on the rear horn of the frame, and had the frame stripped and powder coated. New rear springs/struts from Wild Horses were added, front and rear axles were epoxied black.

The body is now stripped down and on a rotisserie. Some of the new panels are tacked in place. There is one rear corner still needs to be worked & new metal put in place. There are new fenders, and I believe a new grille (have to confirm this) in boxes that they purchased. The doors, hood and both half and full tops, as well as dash, column, seat frames other interior misc and engine/trans/transfer etc are pulled out but no restoration has been started on them.

Shortly after the Bronco got over there, insurance companies released cars so he was flooded with work, which was ok with me as I didn't mind the free storage and was getting a good price... but he has been plagued with staffing problems, the same as every small business owner I know, since and so work has been slow on it... flash forward to this week and a company has come in and bought his shop out and they don't do restoration work, so I now have all this back at my house in the current condition. Frame roller, eng/trans/transfer, body on rotisserie, small parts filling various totes and containers.

This all comes as we are looking to downsize so I will be losing my 40 x 60 shop at my current house... so I'm over trying to scramble and find another shop to pick up the "in process" project... so I'd like to see how much it's worth as-is and just get rid of it.

Clean clear TX title in hand that is in my name. Frame, glovebox and title VIN all matching.

I'm sure I've left out some info that would be pertinent so let me know of anything and I can add it.

Thanks again for any guidance.

Last edited:

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
I remember when that Bronco was for sale. Unfortunately projects that are disassembled like this are tougher to sell because it involves a lot of shipping or someone local to pick it up. I'd say 18-22K is probably a price that someone would want to undertake the project for. Sounds like drivetrain still needs attention (might as well rebuild and upgrade if youre gonna do all this work). Best of luck with the sale if you do in fact decide to sell and I can put out some feelers in TX if you do.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
A lot of it will depend on your area too, You can always start high but be willing to negotiate

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
I don't think the above 18-22k is realistic, market is down and this is a total project...
Its easier to lower the price than raise it. Just because you and I won't pay that doesnt mean that someone wanting a nice project (thats already disassembled) wouldn't pay for it.

hummerdan

I picked up a roller out of TX for 10k. All rust was repaired and the body was in overall great condition, came with new doors and several additional parts. Pics are after I had it blasted. Hurt to replace the rear quarters since they were in such good shape and there was absolutely zero rust in the seams but I didn’t want to run flares. Frame, title and glove box all matched. See pics below

Attachments

• 095DA416-97AA-4ADE-A858-5D2C6927033B.jpeg
    095DA416-97AA-4ADE-A858-5D2C6927033B.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 9294B127-8BD9-4A6F-B35D-893128972B78.jpeg
    9294B127-8BD9-4A6F-B35D-893128972B78.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 98
  • C1FBBE43-9F7A-4B89-A1DA-E3ECFDBF2CEB.jpeg
    C1FBBE43-9F7A-4B89-A1DA-E3ECFDBF2CEB.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 5B837C4C-B45E-49E0-8234-116619D352D4.jpeg
    5B837C4C-B45E-49E0-8234-116619D352D4.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 707F9E45-F58B-4C97-A0FC-8D0F9887BAAA.jpeg
    707F9E45-F58B-4C97-A0FC-8D0F9887BAAA.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 58E0FE44-7C75-4EF3-B1C1-6D451690F66E.jpeg
    58E0FE44-7C75-4EF3-B1C1-6D451690F66E.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 108
OP
OP
R

Robb0h

Thanks for the info all. Sorry for the late reply. We were out of town this last week.

I remember when that Bronco was for sale. Unfortunately projects that are disassembled like this are tougher to sell because it involves a lot of shipping or someone local to pick it up. I'd say 18-22K is probably a price that someone would want to undertake the project for. Sounds like drivetrain still needs attention (might as well rebuild and upgrade if youre gonna do all this work). Best of luck with the sale if you do in fact decide to sell and I can put out some feelers in TX if you do.
I'll message you. Thanks.

OP
OP
R

Robb0h

I've come up with a price.

$13.5k with rotisserie, 11k without. Picked up from 79602. Thanks, Rob