• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1972 steering problems

OP
OP
ylecoyote

ylecoyote

Okay I have an update for anyone who’s curious. I sent my steering box out to bluetop and had them rebuild it and convert it to 3 1/2 turn. So I took it for a ride this weekend and it’s unbelievable the difference don’t get me wrong it still darts a little when you hit ruts (I live on a country road) but on smooth pavement it was actually pretty fun to drive. I think the biggest difference is the correction you can make quickly now as compared to before but I’m sure the box is tighter also. Anyway thanks for all the input I do appreciate it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great result! Thanks for closing up this chapter. For now...;)

Paul

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
do a tire print. take a piece of Christmas wrap and put it face down on smooth concrete and drive over it, see if the tread print is getting close to full tread width. I would also verify toe in and get it closer to 1/8-3/16 toe in at mid tire Diameter.