• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1977 Bronco U15 restoration complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowymtnwolf

56df26af2ae32a590632833edcbe3d04.jpg

ea15d9ec2afb6d52b03e479302350a74.jpg

a9f142bd50386a0f36d38e983315f3a7.jpg

9c63ac00829afd6bfdb48d6ae83e18af.jpg

6528f661232c39b3e41b9a37cd40a94f.jpg

73b577140d46a33112f7861f14b96851.jpg

f3d5d7a7cdf857c434e3ca132e99c3c2.jpg

d0565c4fd79fc5d5a6bf83fa5f1c40db.jpg

1977 Ford Bronco U15 4X4

I am putting this up for sale on Classic Bronco forum first because I could not have done this without the help and archives here. Thanks so much!!! I'll keep it here for a while until I post on eBay and Bring a Trailer websites.

Frame off restoration with no details overlooked. I try to be as descriptive as possible and truthful whenever I sell anything to avoid surprises and keep the buyer happy. I note everything that was restored/upgraded below in my description. I have many before and after photos but obviously could not upload all of them. IF you want more, I can send you a link for many more photos, just ask. I would rate this Bronco a 9.5 out of 10 for condition.

VIN U15GLY47921. All VINs match: title, frame, glovebox door, and vehicle certification label on door post. Ford OEM keys start bronco and are used to lock Bronco doors.

Clean and clear North Carolina title in my name and in my possession. Marti Report included. Grabber Blue PPG single stage concept paint.

Bronco 302 V8 engine and Bronco C4 transmission (3 on the tree column shift). Power steering and front disc brakes. All body sheet metal replaced with new (except firewall).

Engine and transmission were gone through when I started restoration. Original engine had 80,000 miles and had master kit rebuild performed on engine, which means it was an engine rebuild without machine work. I've driven it about 500 miles during the restoration over a period of 1 year to and from work on the military base where I worked when I lived in North Carolina. I reset odometer, so realize the Bronco doesn't show original mileage on odometer. I did that so somebody could track mileage after the restoration.

Runs smooth and strong, idles great, and shifts smooth. Starts up easily without any hesitation from a cold start. Engine and transmission work as they should and don't have any major leaks (barely noticed any drips on the garage floor but have seen some). Doesn't use oil and doesn't smoke.

Transmission and transfer case were opened and oil was golden, therefore only the oil was drained and replaced with fresh.

Dana 20 transfer case, T shifter.

Never driven off road or in the mud. Everything works as it should, no surprises whatsoever. Great stance. Great rumble from the engine and Flomaster 40 series exhaust mufflers.

Drives straight and smooth at 30 MPH or 70 MPH. I hardly ever use two hands to drive the Bronco, and normally only use one hand, which in my opinion shows that the Bronco drives as easily as a present-day vehicle.

Power steering box was sent to West Texas Off-road for a rebuild and is now 3.5 to 1 quick ratio, which means that you can turn the wheel much easier and less turns than with stock Bronco power steering.
Ford 9 inch rear end with 3.50 gearing and 28 spline. Took apart and didn't touch carrier. New seals and gaskets. Insides looked good. Rear brake drum is stock and works good.
Dana 44 front end is stock with GM disc brake conversion. Front end looked good inside, but replaced new bearing, seal, and brake calipers with new GM brake conversion.

3 speed – 3 on the tree shifter on steering column (R,1,2,3)
Shifts with ease. Goes in and out of gear as it should.
1 inch body lift and 2.5 inch James Duff suspension lift.
4X4 (High/Low) Shifts into 4wd easy with the transfer case shifter in the middle of floor.
Aluminum radiator. Power brakes all around (disc up front and drum on rear).
Only 1 fuel tank and fuel door because the rear quarter panel sheet metal was replaced and decided to not do two fuel doors.
New stainless steel lift off removable door hinges – powder coated black.
New gas tank. New fuel filler neck. New fuel lines. New brake lines. New emergency brake. New shocks/leaf springs (James Duff). New body mounts.
Hydraulic lift hood and hardtop lift gate. Tailgate cable supports.
All new window seals. Front windshield does have a few stone chips.
New Scott Drake shorty ceramic headers. New custom dual aluminum exhaust and Flowmaster 40 series mufflers from James Duff. New Bronco Script – Scott Drake - powder coated valve covers.
Tuffy locking center console and Tuffy locking glovebox.
New U-joints
New Optima Battery - July 2021.

I intended to keep the Bronco, but I am in the military and move too much to enjoy it. I restored it in North Carolina and now moved to Rhode Island, and do not want to risk the winter salt or ocean air destroying the Bronco. It has always been garaged, and has probably only been in the rain for a few short drives. No rust and no body/frame decay.

Frame was painted in POR-15 anti rust preservative. Frame is solid and no weak spots. No major welding occurred on the frame. It was never in a wreck that I could tell, as the frame is straight without it appearing that any sections off the frame were repaired or welded.

Everything works as it should on the Bronco, as I am probably more meticulous than I need to be, and intended to originally keep. Everything was replaced that should have been. Nothing was overlooked in my mind.
All gauges work as they should. All lights/turn signals/brake lights, work as they should.
Heat/Defrost/Vent works as they should.

I have a binder with all receipts which total $25,000 (that you will receive), which doesn't account for my labor. All parts came from James Duff, Wild Horses, Toms Bronco off road, Jeffs Bronco Graveyard, Dennis Carpenter, and NE Classic Bronco. All instruction manuals are included that I have.

Wheels are 35 inch BFG T/A K02 with Fuel Sledge Rims (bought at Discount Tire, and they claim you always get free rotation when you buy from them. I also paid for lifetime maintenance on the tires, which includes lifetime structural warranty, as written on my receipt)

I did an 18 month restoration on this Bronco. All outside and inside body sheet metal was replaced and is new, except the firewall (was in good shape). Doors, tailgate, hood, grill are all new metal. I then had the interior sprayed with bedliner protective lining to preserve the metal and help fight against water, rust, and wear. Now you can spray down the liner if you ever off-road. (pics show new metal prepped for the spray in liner because sometimes people are worried that rust is sprayed over to hide rust, so I took pictures to prove that the metal was replaced/new before the spray in liner was sprayed overtop). Bottom side of all metal was also sprayed with light coat of spray in bed liner to fend off against stone chips and rust.

New fiberglass hardtop from Bronco Design. Roll cage powder coated silver with black speckles.

Stainless steel screws/bolts used when applicable. Grade 8 (high strength) bolts and Ford OEM replacement screws/bolts used otherwise.

New door inserts, arm rests, steering wheel. New washer pump and lines. New wiper blades. New heater motor.

Corbeau Trailcat Diamond Stich black vinyl seats, recling, with 3 point harness. Driver seat has inflatable lumbar support and is heated. Low-profile thigh bolster that makes it easier to climb in and out of and aggressive side bolstering keeps you in place, shift-free, on even the most treacherous terrain. The injection-molded foam provides cushion from vibration and great support for your daily commute. Rear seat is flip syle to give you more trunk space if you need it, and from Wild Horses.

Front and rear bumpers are from James Duff and powder coated. Front Bumper was made so you can hide a Warn 8,000 lbs winch inside to look better, but I did not install a winch (easy for you to buy winch and install if that's what you need). Front LED lightbar.
LED front headlights, 7-inch from Wild Horses.

Billet aluminum window cranks.
Satin black mirrors and door handles.
Sound bar, rugged, weather-tight aluminum, marine grade (Powerbass XL-800 27” 8 speaker sound system) which is Bluetooth and super easy to sync your phone to and play music. I also left the “line-in” plug connector on so you can hookup any other device to play music.

*The only bad in my opinion, as I like to be as accurate and honest in my description as possible to avoid any surprises: 1) There are a few small size “paint dings” that occurred during the restoration, but they were touched-up and barely visible unless you look hard. All spots were super tiny with most about the size of a pin head with a slight few being about half the size of a pinky finger nail. 2) Some door rub occurred on underside of door and the door jamb that occurred until I realigned doors to alleviate that rub. Some minor touch up occurred there. 3) When I installed roll cage it rubbed on the bed posts and I had to touch that paint up, as seen in pictures when the tailgate is down. 4) There are a few small stone chips in the wind shield (no cracks and no spidering).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

75Denver

Great build man!! I'm just curious...a repaint on a Raven Black?!? Kidding, just a color I've been looking for for too long. Often times I'm not too big on resto-mod builds but yours looks REAL fun! GLWS

OP
OP
snowymtnwolf

snowymtnwolf

Everything that had raven paint was replaced with new body sheet metal. So all new metal except for firewall.

Grabber blue looks awesome and I love it. I do like the yellow and orange Broncos too.

I tried to keep the originality look with a touch of modern and drive ability.

Thx

OP
OP
snowymtnwolf

snowymtnwolf

Thx!!! Tried my best. Probably over did it. I really want to keep and actively built it to keep, but I'm in the marine corps and moving around too much. Plus I have a 66 bronco roadster I need to get to and rebuild.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Great looking bronco. Good luck with the sale

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
great looking rig....thanks for your service!!

jmhend

Bronco Guru
great looking rig....thanks for your service!!
Absolutely, thanks to all who have and continue to serve this this amazing country.

Last edited:
OP
OP
snowymtnwolf

snowymtnwolf

Thx appreciate it. A pleasure to serve. (The moving around part is frustrating when you are trying to build these Broncos and get orders across the U.S).

OP
OP
snowymtnwolf

snowymtnwolf

Bring a Trailer auction site has taken forever to post. They originally said 1 month and it’s been 6 weeks. They are telling me it will be another 1-2 weeks before going live.

I’ve already had cash offers in $70ks.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Bring a Trailer auction site has taken forever to post. They originally said 1 month and it’s been 6 weeks. They are telling me it will be another 1-2 weeks before going live.

I’ve already had cash offers in $70ks.

Bummer its taking so long. Throw it on Ebay, FB, CL....

What was your target number again? Maybe minus the commissions the 70k cash isn't so bad. I heard Velocity is also paying (but will resale it).

Most will probably flip it at 70 but its a thought. Good luck

OP
OP
snowymtnwolf

snowymtnwolf

My Bronco finally went live on Bring a Trailer auction site. They claim they are super busy and have limited staff. I also just read an article the other day from Seattle Times that Bring a Trailer auction site sold a quarter billion dollars more vehicles than the next closest competitor. Wow, I couldn’t believe it.

OP
OP
snowymtnwolf

snowymtnwolf

My Bronco auction ends in a few hours at 5 pm EST. Shout out to the Classic Bronco forum - your current help and archives helped me build this. Couldn’t have done it without your help, advice, opinions, instructions, and trouble shooting!

Soon enough when I’m done moving around so much in the Marine Corps I’ll finish up the 66 U13 roadster that I started first. Can’t wait for that!!!

OP
OP
snowymtnwolf

snowymtnwolf

Thx again everyone.

She’s sold and going to a good home in Colorado.

Status
Not open for further replies.