• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MO 1977 Ford Early Bronco - $5950 (Waterloo) NOT MINE

SSGWood

Loc.
Elizabethtown
Don't look too bad.

original text follows

1977 Ford Bronco Sport Ranger model UNCUT has many of the factory components that usually go missing over the years, seats in good shape, V8, power steering, front disk brakes on dana 44 front axle, 9 inch rear axle. 4x4 works and shifts in an out better than any bronco I've had. I mostly used it around the farm so never put plates on it but it does drive VERY good for such an old vehicle. Was used as a winter vehicle before I got it so it does have rust in the typical places, rockers, inner fender, drivers door post is good but passenger side is shot. Has a dent on front drivers side fender, this bronco has NO bondo ANYWHERE its all steel and could still be original paint. Engine smokes a bit. I've got all the lights working exept one, i waiting for the connector to fix it, back brakes need finished, and the drivers window wont crank, could put the auxiliary gas tank back in, I might finish up all this stuff if I get the time(part of the reason I'm selling)
Exhaust just put on although is not new, I have everything to do the back brakes(wheel cylinders shoes springs and hardware)I have the 5 Original ford stamped wheels but only 3 hub caps, two have brand new wrangler tires on them(one is used for a spare) plus you get the wagon wheels with good tires on them and some other parts that I have gathered for it. I have receipts for all of the parts plus more I probably forgot.
Starts right up even in cold weather, never needed the choke,would make a great driver for someone with the time. Looking for CASH ONLY call or txt works best but ill try to call back if you call and leave a message. show contact info

Has brand new:
Holley 2 barrel carb
Air cleaner(original housing)
Plugs
Wires
Water pump
Radiator hoses
Thermostat
Front callipers with pads
Master cylinder
Metal and rubber brake lines
REBUILT transmission
New seals and inspected transfer case
Alternator
Voltage regulator
Battery and starter wires
Heavy duty gas tank skid plate
Sending unit
Fuel pump

tymotor

Get more pictures or a video before you go

Long time lurker just waiting to get my first Bronco. I was all set to pick this one up. I drove from Austin to go get it with a trailer. I saw it in person, and I walked away. The rust is severe. "drivers door post is good but passenger side is shot" - by shot he means a gaping hole on the inside. If I recall there was another good sized hole in the engine compartment (not the firewall). Additionally there is rust all under the chrome trim at the beltline. The top also has more rust than is visible in the pictures around the raingutters.

I don't think the owner was trying to be dishonest, but not all of it was disclosed in the listing and you couldn't see it all in the pictures. I should have asked more questions, asked for more pictures, and or a video.

Could definitely be good for someone ready to do body work. Not trying to scare people off, just trying to give my two cents. Maybe I'll save someone the $500+ I blew on truck, trailer, and gas--not to mention wasting a weekend. Best of luck.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Well that blows. Sorry it didn't work out

Long time lurker just waiting to get my first Bronco. I was all set to pick this one up. I drove from Austin to go get it with a trailer. I saw it in person, and I walked away. The rust is severe. "drivers door post is good but passenger side is shot" - by shot he means a gaping hole on the inside. If I recall there was another good sized hole in the engine compartment (not the firewall). Additionally there is rust all under the chrome trim at the beltline. The top also has more rust than is visible in the pictures around the raingutters.

I don't think the owner was trying to be dishonest, but not all of it was disclosed in the listing and you couldn't see it all in the pictures. I should have asked more questions, asked for more pictures, and or a video.

Could definitely be good for someone ready to do body work. Not trying to scare people off, just trying to give my two cents. Maybe I'll save someone the $500+ I blew on truck, trailer, and gas--not to mention wasting a weekend. Best of luck.

jlylec

Maybe I'll save someone the $500+ I blew on truck, trailer, and gas--not to mention wasting a weekend. Best of luck.

Good for you being able to walk away. It's not always easy...especially after all you went through to get there.

vanolefan

Loc.
Tallahassee, FL
Even with the rust described, still seems like a fair price with everything that has been done to it. I paid more than that for one with more issues.

Techstudent

Loc.
Missoula
Even with the rust described, still seems like a fair price with everything that has been done to it. I paid more than that for one with more issues.

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like a fairly straight Ranger - a project no doubt - but quite fixable. - I suppose if you are going to spend 6K though you might as well go the few extra grand and get a solid rig - especially if you don't have the tools, capability or desire to do the rust repair.