• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1988 Lincoln town car --- Donor vehicle???

nutter3

Would a 1988 lincoln be a good donor for rear disk and hydraboost? I see one being sold in town and was just wondering what good parts I could use on my bronco.
Thanks

Andre

Last edited:

bronco-uno

Loc.
wisconsin
It most likely won't have a hydroboost it it.....It will probably have a 302 efi with a map sensor......mass air flow would be the ideal efi
if i rember corectly 1988 lincolns had a 8.8 in rear end

silverbullet

Loc.
Columbia, MO
I just pulled a Serp. setup from a similar vehicle but I am unsure if the Alt. bracket will work with a 3G. I have a 3G now and it seems to be to small for the bracket. Everything else lined up well and would work if you need/want a serpentine belt.

Dave

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
silverbullet said:
I just pulled a Serp. setup from a similar vehicle but I am unsure if the Alt. bracket will work with a 3G. I have a 3G now and it seems to be to small for the bracket. Everything else lined up well and would work if you need/want a serpentine belt.

Dave
It will work with the 3G if it's the same as the Crown Vic/Grand Marquis setup. It just needs to be adjusted a little and you need the right 3G. (94 Mustang is what I use)

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Not worth your time, the guys are totally correct (like usual) the parts ain't worth it.
NOW if that was a 78, I would be drooling
Keep looking, the good stuff is out there
TOFIC

OP
OP
N

nutter3

Thanks guys. That was exactly what I was wondering about.
And I dont need a serp setup right now.

Mach1Bronco

Loc.
fresno
you can take the guts from the steering gearbox an put them in the ford 4x4 box and have a nice stout 3 turn box