• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

¡2016 NORRA Mexican 1000!

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Time to start another thread for The Happiest Race on Earth!

The dates are supposed to be out by 8/30.

Who's in for sure? I've got contingency plans since next year is the official 50th anniversary of the Bronco. I can't take off enough to do everything I'd like to do, so I'm looking at Bronco events as well as the 1000. If I do go, I'd like to do the Cortez Rally as well.

7GrGZ6ugo_rYtJNpJ0rRlcQGbZkhEwO7OjWva6mC-Qy-qNbTeGQPrUzUYFwUXjyPPFCslQ=w1656-h799

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
The Dates are up!

April 23 - 27 2016!

Looks like some more rule 'adjusting' too.

NORRA

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Well, as far as I can speculate from the new classifications, I'll end up in
VINTAGE Era
(1989–20 Years Old)
Big shocks, big engines,
sequentials, linked trucks, 37” tires
Short Wheelbase 4X4

I don't have sequential and I'm not trading all my 35's in for 37's.

I'll miss the V108-77 class, but it was way too broad to have all the vehicles competitive with each other. There's no way it could work and be fair the way it was.

We'll still be able to team up though! :cool:

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Randy, I see Legends Class is Early Burros now. Do those come with Early Prospectors instead of Drivers?

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Well, there's been a lot of discussion going on over on rdc about the new class categories. How to make each class fun and competitive is their objective while maintaining 'period correct' classes for Broncos, Buggys, etc. The Broncos will get split up, but hey it's only fair for everyone.

They started registration a few months early as well to help ease the financial burden by allowing payments instead of having to plop down $3500 at once. I'm down for that!

So here are the entries so far:

(2) in the Poineer Class
PIONEER Era (1967 - 1975)
o Body style must have existed in this Era
o Stock chassis, stock suspension
o 35” max tire diameter
o 2” max shock diameter, no coilovers, no bypasses

(3) in the Vintage Class
VINTAGE Era (1989 – 20 years old)
Vintage Truck classes, must be built from 20+ year old production truck
o Body style must have existed in this Era
o Production based modified chassis, stock concept suspension, linked w/coilovers
o No pure tube frame trucks (those belong in the Historic Class)
o 37” max tire diameter
o Big Modern shocks

Attachments

• Legend Broncos 9.16.15.jpg
    Legend Broncos 9.16.15.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 150
  • Entries 9.16.15.jpg
    Entries 9.16.15.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 139

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, as you can see, we are signed up and ready to get prepped! I agree, the rules situation makes things sticky for us all to be in the same class, but like you said, we are all EBs and will still be racing together.

I'm excited, but I have a ton of work to do to get ready.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
So looking forward to seeing you south of the border again BB!

My burro she's a ready!... Except for a few items that need attention up until the race prep

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anyone heard from Scott? Wonder if the Big Oly Burro will be there?

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I talked with him today. I think he's on the fence. I hope he makes it - I really dont care about classes, I just want good EB NORRA entrys. Really a fun race and love to be there with our Bronco brothers!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I hope he decides to enter too. I'm hoping a few of the tweaks to the rule book before the end of the month makes it too enticing for him to say no!

Todd Z.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How is the repair coming along? Scott, here's another vote for you to make the long drive again! Be part of the EARLY BURRO CLUB again. We need t a T-shirt.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
How is the repair coming along? Scott, here's another vote for you to make the long drive again! Be part of the EARLY BURRO CLUB again. We need t a T-shirt.

I think the Big Oly Tribute is still on the operating table, but making good progress

Coach is in the process of changing his home base. He'll be about 12-13 hours closer and if he plans his route right he can stop at my 20 for the night and caravan down with us. :D

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That would be great. What day are you planning to leave?