• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

¡2016 NORRA Mexican 1000!

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Bukin,

Have you figured out what your average speed and fuel consumption was?

In the off-road sections, I was at about 5.5 mpg. My average speed was 35 - 40 mph depending on the terrain. The last special of Day 1 was fun. We averaged about 21 mph. Racing unknown terrain at night and hit a huge silt bed. Actually got stuck (high centered the rear diff) because it was so dug out from the larger diameter tires that had been through. We got it jacked up and filled in then locked up the front to get us out. What a mess I was when we pulled into BoLA. The head of Mag 7 support even wanted to get a pic with me. He said I looked like I had been working harder than their crew! I looked like I'd literally been swimming in silt. One of our team has a pic I'll post when I get it.

We pulled several stuck cars out as well and never filled out forms to get our time back (not that it would have made a defference in our position anyway, but just didn't know we could). Sand, boulders, you name it. Rippin Rooster blew a turn and we had to risk deep sand and running over cactus to get him out. He was about 50' off the course. Jaynes passed us another time when we were pulling a car out of a rocky wash bed about 100' off the course. It's all good though. I got a lot of high 5's and cervezas from people the next few nights who asked me if I was the guy driving the yellow Bronco pulling everyone out ;D

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Congrats on your finish & what more can you ask for than being "the guy" that saved a bunch of folks!!!!;D;D;D

Thank you!
Exactly! That really made me feel good, and realize the camaraderie that runs deep in the NORRA races.:)

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
You may not remember the wins and wish you could forget the losses but you will never forget the adventure. Thank you for taking all your Bronco brothers with you in body and in sperit. It is such a good feeling you Bronco warriors do to show anyone how special the Bronco is and the special commitment all Bronco owners are to their machines.

Next time bring out some Buckin 67 stickers to slap on the rigs you help. (Buckin 67 gave up his time to get me out of a jamb. )

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My impression was NORRA was much more organized this year. Still need to make sure there's food for the late finishers. And congrats to Andrew and Kasinger Racing. Four starts and four finishes with trophies is a real accomplishment. Just making the drive from NorCal and back is a danged accomplishment!

Thanks Mark, I'm still getting un packed and un-silted. Got the tow rig finally empty today and washed. Will try to get some pics up soon.

Awesome stories Randy - Good job helpin all those guys out. I was stoked to see you moving along well in that day 1 final stage in the dark... Thats where I was off course with some wheel rock-in-the-silt issues!! :) At that point my chasers were all who could help me, so I just cheered you on!

Alright - let me see about pics...

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's a couple from our arrival in Ensenada

Attachments

• IMG_0931[1].jpg
    IMG_0931[1].jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0934[1].jpg
    IMG_0934[1].jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 76

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
You guys suck!! It was SO painful sitting on the sidelines this year, I don't see how I "can't" go back and do it again! Thanks a lot. ;););D

Glad everyone made it back safely --

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
You guys suck!! It was SO painful sitting on the sidelines this year, I don't see how I "can't" go back and do it again! Thanks a lot. ;););D

Glad everyone made it back safely --

Thanks coach! We definitely missed you this year!
I would run it again, but it would have to be with big sponsor help on the entry fees and expenses.
At this point our group has been stoked on the "adventure run" possibly DURING the 2017 NORRA race. One possibility is we could leave early and be there when they arrive in Loreto, or however far down we go. Maybe even pit support for a team and get some wrist bands for the finish in Cabo. I'm already looking into a roof rack regardless. I could really use it on my other runs in the southwest.

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Thanks coach! We definitely missed you this year!
I would run it again, but it would have to be with big sponsor help on the entry fees and expenses.
At this point our group has been stoked on the "adventure run" possibly DURING the 2017 NORRA race. One possibility is we could leave early and be there when they arrive in Loreto, or however far down we go. Maybe even pit support for a team and get some wrist bands for the finish in Cabo. I'm already looking into a roof rack regardless. I could really use it on my other runs in the southwest.

I REALLY like this idea, Randy! I had thought we would want to avoid the races, but maybe it would be more fun to be smack in the middle of one -- especially this one! I'm strongly considering getting an overland trailer to pull behind my Bronco for an adventure like this. I'm going to start another thread and hopefully we can get some more interest in a trip like this. I kept my Chase truck (big dually), so maybe we use that as a support vehicle on our exhibition. ok -- nuff about that on this great thread. Congrats again to you, Todd, Andrew, Mark and the others who made the trip this year! Well done!

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Coach, it was a real bucket list treat to get to navigate for Randy on Day 3. I had a blast and the hours flew by. I'll be following your new thread. Mark

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here're a few more photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0344.jpg
    IMG_0344.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 87

enesset

Loc.
NorCal & Iowa
Norra 1000

I told Randy I would put a photo of our (Kaysinger Racing) truck in front of his at Bay of LA at sunrise. Another great event on the books. Looking forward to 2017 already.

Attachments

• 014413b8a8347094dcccf4f514db5fc6d2e8db5c9c.jpg
    014413b8a8347094dcccf4f514db5fc6d2e8db5c9c.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 202

enesset

Loc.
NorCal & Iowa
Norra 1000

Andrew and I saw the aftermath when a buggy sideswiped the awesome VW thing while we were waiting for Todd and Sam to roll past a checkpoint. I can't imagine sweating it with my rig upside down waiting for the tide to roll in hoping the tow/boom truck got there in time.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
We went by there not long after it happened. The Thing was still on the rocks

Sent from somewhere southwest of disorder using a communicator

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Awesome, thanks for posting jefe!

Sent from somewhere southwest of disorder using a communicator

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Awesome performance Gents. That's something to behold!

Hank

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Thanks BajaBronco for letting me know this pic was in Instagram!

Some have a Salty Dog whilst I have a Silty Pony ;D

Attachments

• Silty Dog.jpg
    Silty Dog.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 43

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Holy Cow Batman. No wonder you guys were dirty when you pulled into BOLA!