• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

¡2016 NORRA Mexican 1000!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I've gone a few times in the past but I won't be there this year. I much prefer the 425 in February.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Thanks Randy! That was Andrew at the wheel.

NORRA seems to have their days mixed up. This video is actually from day 3 and the previous one is from Day 2.

Todd Z.

LOL, I noticed that they had them mixed up too when I saw the end at La Paz. I think one of the other vids was wrong as well.

My wife and I talked to Boyd Jaynes at the show over the weekend. You guys may be the only ones in your class if he gets booted because of 2.5's. ;)

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
My wife and I talked to Boyd Jaynes at the show over the weekend. You guys may be the only ones in your class if he gets booted because of 2.5's. ;)

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Another buddy talked to him this weekend too and he was a little bummed about that because we like racing against each other.

Todd Z.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well shoot. We got a lot of work to do maybe he can figure out how to do 2" shocks by April?

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Awesome vid! Thanks for posting. This is my favorite day and stage. We start in town and drop into that wash where you can just pick your line...then left into the bushes on that tight trail (where we show up in the video). After that you are on winding mountain road pavement where our stiff old school suspension (and horsepower, and old mustang experience) puts us at an advantage. We passed 6-7 in the 10 or so miles, rod just before getting back into dirt. Fun. I believe we were fastest bronco thru the first stage by almost 7 minutes. Or 5. Felt like 7. :)

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
That is a really cool section. Last year on day 3 about 15 miles from the finish of SS1 (by Constitucion) we stopped for a class 1 car that was broken down in a wash. We towed him in the sand the 15 miles or so to the finish and about 20 miles later was where my motor gave out. :(

I bet it's really nice in La Paz that time of year ;D

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I've gone a few times in the past but I won't be there this year. I much prefer the 425 in February.

Todd Z.
Ya we're not going to make it. 100 degrees both days does not sound like fun. Definitely putting the 425 on the calendar

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Content is not available in that link. What happened?

it's a vid on FB so if you don't have an account you won't be able to see it and they don't have it on any other media site unfortunately.

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Jefe,

It looks like the excitement is building earlier this year. Should be pretty awesome.

Thanks for posting.

Jeff

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Did Baja Social Club ever get released? All I can find is the trailer.

My Uncle would love to see it. He rode the Mike Sky Ranch "500" in the late 80s