• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

$25.00 just gave me a new Bronco.

MartyG

Bronco Guru
After having slop with my EB since I've had it (3 yrs)...and not much time to get under and really figure it out, I've always just dealt with and was used to it. So...always figured it was my steering box...$900 and a new box and pump later...STIIL the 3 inch dead-space slop with the wheel.
Decided to ask here and got great feedback from DirtDonk at WH, Garberz, Whoaa and some others.
Put up this video https://youtu.be/KSPxdDPmoPg to play "SPOT THE SLOP" and bingo...there it was, the trac bar bushing. Actually, the problem was..NO bushing. When I replaced it today, all that was there was the metal sleeve, no rubber.
Drives like a new Bronco. Just awesome.
Thanks again to everyone and their feedback...and Paul, thanks for your great help....no more buying parts at Pepe's tacos & Bronco Parts for me...Wild Horses, baby!

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
....Thanks again to everyone and their feedback...and Paul, thanks for your great help....no more buying parts at Pepe's tacos & Bronco Parts for me...Wild Horses, baby!

Nice to see you're finally able to see the light. You must certainly be smiling now.

Mark