• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2brl vs. 4 brl. carb???

bamaboy

Need advise... 351W with mastercraft 2 barrell carb that needs rebuilt. guy at autozone said it was a good one and to just rebuild it. should i rebuild or go with something different. Using bronco for weekend fun mostly road and some woods. Pros and Cons on each

Thanks

DebosDave'72

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bozeman, MT
I think to run a 4 barrel you will need to change your intake also. If you are happy with the setup you have now, I would just rebuild the current one. I think you will get a little more power and response out of the 4 barrel, but I don't know how much more...

DD

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D If you are going to rebuild I would stay with the stock one. The 4V is more power and a lot more fun to play with. And I dont think you will see any difference in gas milage unless you drive it like me hard on gas. But its my toy and I like to play. good luck and have fun with your choice.:p :p :p Bill %) :cool: ;D

OP
OP
B

bamaboy

thanks for the input, i might just save the money and rebuild the 2 barrell carb. i am looking to get a little more horsepower out of it with easy fixes. someone suggested adding headers and new k&n air filter.

any other suggestions on upgrades?

what headers should i get (that fit with minimal cursing putting them on)????

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
only upgrade to a 4 barrel if you are willing to upgrade your intake manifold also. Another great addition to the upgrade would be a new cam shaft. This would really wake the 351 up.