• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3.5" susp lift. Do I need adjustable tracbar

broncoP

Contributor
I have a 3.5" susp lift, do I really need an adjustable tracbar or is stock length suffice? There's a place on eBay that has them pretty reasonable if I do.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Yes. You either need the adjustable trac bar or a riser at the axle or a drop bracket at the frame mount. I see a lot of guys that use a combination of the riser or drop bracket with an adjustable trac bar. I only needed the trac bar on my 2.5" lift but 3.5" has additional requirements.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
If you install your stock trac bar into the stock mounts after installing your lift, you'll see what you need and why you need it.
The popular consensus is to run a heavy duty riser on the axle side and reinforce the heck out of the frame bracket and surrounding frame area. That is what I have and its been good for me.

OP
OP
broncoP

broncoP

Contributor
Shoot, I meant do I need an adjustable Draglink, I have an adjustable tracbar. How do I edit title?

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
76-77 already has the factory drop bracket. All other years do not.

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Shoot, I meant do I need an adjustable Draglink, I have an adjustable tracbar. How do I edit title?

Not a bad idea to have. That way you can dial it in.I don't believe you have to have it though as the Required drop pitman arm takes care of the change.

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
Yeah, the adjustable drag link will let you dial in your steering wheel and center your steering box. Did it on my 3.5" and glad I did.