• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3 on the tree diagram and parts vendor

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Every original Bronco I have owned is either been converted to a floor shift, 5 speed or automatic. Now I am restoring two 71's and want to go back to original. Every search I do comes up with converting to floor shift. Does anyone have any good pictures or diagrams of the linkage at the transmission and column? I am looking for original parts and the vendors seems to just sell the conversion pieces as well. Any tips are appreciated.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
The shop manuals don't have everything, but they do have a lot of diagrams.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Here's the best I can find and that's an F100 diagram;https://ww.fordification.com/tech/images/schematics/3-spd-linkage.jpg. From the beginning EB vendors were all about modifications not repair or restoration. When Jim Duff and Hickey opened shop there were new Broncos in production and junk yards had plenty of OE parts. Now, it's the OE parts that are hard to find and reproductions are Chi-Com junk. New EB owners have no idea how great original EBs were and assume incorrectly that huge tires and lift kits are a necessity.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks I found. Few of those but wanted to make sure it was the same as a bronco since I have never seen on complete. The studs that go on the rids to the Trans are hard to see or find

fender skirts

I just rebuilt my '69 column last week. Good luck.

The aftermarket parts fit like shit, and the retaining pin for the shift handle is a joke. Luckily my mini lathe came in handy and was able to machine the collar and turn signal housing to fit right, and I made a better retaining pin.

The shift tube also needed a new tab fabricated for the handle to engage in. Had to make one, cut off the old one, and weld the new one in.

Good luck again.