• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

302 correct plug and gap

biggercb

I have a 1972 v8 bronco. I am fairly sure its a 302, but not sure. The plugs called out for that year are a 13/16 hex (autolite 45) and the plus currently in it are 5/8 hex (autolite 26).

I have an accel ignition coil, and electronic module where the points should go, and the duraspark module. I also have a ballast resistor.

Can any windsor gurus steer me in the right direction?

Also running a holley carb 4160, small cap distributer, and longtube headers.

Thanks!

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just take an old plug out take it to pep boys and match it, as long as the truck was running right.
Just replace with the same plugs

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Sounds like the engine has been replaced or at least the heads. go with the 26 plugs as they are the ones that fit. plug gap will be around .044 for electronic igintion.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Sounds like the engine has been replaced or at least the heads. go with the 26 plugs as they are the ones that fit. plug gap will be around .044 for electronic igintion.

X2
The engine is irrelevent, it is the heads that have the plug holes in them.
As stated above, .044 is a good starting point for eletronic ignition and normal cylinder pressures.