• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

302, Dual Exhaust, Summit Turbo Mufflers, Headers--videos with sound

matts70

Loc.
Northwest Indiana
A couple months ago, I put on a new exhaust system. I've got a 302 in a 70 Bronco. It has a Performer 289 intake and 500 cfm carb.

The exhaust: Wildhorse headers, 2 1/2" dual exhaust pipes, Summit Turbo Mufflers.

Selecting an exhaust can be a pain in the neck--I know. Hopefully this will come in useful to somebody out there shopping for exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt6NQXIxFJE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvouQ7df4Is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3pwJU8cK4g&feature=related

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
show off ;D thanks for posting, this is the exhaust system i will most likely use on my bronco. have a pair of flowmasters, way too loud.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd say we need to have a thread devoted strictly to sound-bites for exhaust comparisons.
So this is a good start. Then, when there are enough entries, maybe it can be made a sticky, or even a semi-tech article. Just one that can still be added to when new sound clips show up.

Paul

OP
OP
matts70

matts70

Loc.
Northwest Indiana
I'd say we need to have a thread devoted strictly to sound-bites for exhaust comparisons.
So this is a good start. Then, when there are enough entries, maybe it can be made a sticky, or even a semi-tech article. Just one that can still be added to when new sound clips show up.

Paul

Great idea, Paul. If someone can tell me how to embed the videos directly on the forum, I'd do that to make it even easier.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles

Paul

I third that notion thanks for posting Matt.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Stab it!!! I want to hear it wound up. Dual turbo mufflers have a great sound! They may not last as long as the high priced mufflers but they sound great! I love duals on old cars! Singles are side effect of the smogged vehicles. Unless it's trying to be stock, it has no draw for me.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sounds very nice.

But word of warning, your pipes exit exactly where mine did when I bought it and drove home two hundred miles all the while wondering why my headache kept getting worse, I was getting Carbon Monoxide poisoning. Make sure your window seals and tailgate seals are snug, mine were not.