• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351w Swap - PS and Alt. Adapters or Different Brackets?

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Moving along on my 351 build and will stick with the stock two belts and not going serpentine.

I know there are the adapter brackets below to swap things over, but are there other bracket options for the alternator and Delphi pump that wont require the adapters?

Also, any recommendations for decent priced crank and water pump pulleys for the 351?

Thanks and hope all are having a great Labor Day !

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
Moving along on my 351 build and will stick with the stock two belts and not going serpentine.

I know there are the adapter brackets below to swap things over, but are there other bracket options for the alternator and Delphi pump that wont require the adapters?

Also, any recommendations for decent priced crank and water pump pulleys for the 351?

Thanks and hope all are having a great Labor Day !
One OE option is to find is find pulley's and brackets from a "69" cougar,mustang or galaxie with a 351w..

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I used the original eb 302 style brackets with the 351w adapters and motorsport style sbf reduction pulleys to match the 4-bolt balancer in the 351w. Also used the vendor supplied Saginaw bracket. Also wh sells a driver side timing pointer and use timing tape to remark the balancer for easier timing. If you're using the eb 302 water pump the stock timing pointer will be buried under the lower radiator hose. Also I did the swap almost 30 years ago so there may be more better balancer pulley options available now.

OP
OP
Ol'Blue

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do you not have the original Bronco pulleys off the old engine? Use those.

I may as a last resort. I was planning on the new motor to have everything new as possible and hoping the sell the pulled motor as complete as possible (runs really well), but that maybe the right thought to save a few bucks. Thanks,