• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

39.5 IROK vs 42 IROK (Bias 17")

Projp

Any one run both sizes? I am running 37 MTR's now and want to go up some. I was going with the 39.5's, but a local shop recommended the 42's. They said that they had both tires side by side and were impressed by the deeper tread. I have looked up the specs and they are 2" larger and 3/32 deeper. It is noticeable?

ontherun

Loc.
San Antonio
Projp said:
Any one run both sizes? I am running 37 MTR's now and want to go up some. I was going with the 39.5's, but a local shop recommended the 42's. They said that they had both tires side by side and were impressed by the deeper tread. I have looked up the specs and they are 2" larger and 3/32 deeper. It is noticeable?

how about just keeping it simple -n- goin' for tha' gusto ( I know,.. sounds like a' Schlitz commercial,....:-X ;) ) -n- taking tha' dive awn tha' 42s?,.. we did -n- we're STILL revvin' for a' bigger size,.... tell ya' what though,.... 42s git tha' job done awn tha' trails,...;D S.

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
I've wheeled three times with my 42" Iroks and I am very impressed. They opened up a whole new world of wheeling. Mine are on 16.5" rims and I run 3 PSI for what it's worth. I wheeled with a guy on 40" Iroks with almost an identical set up and the two inches were a much larger difference than I would have thought. Go Bigger!!!!!!!!!

I run Maxxis Creepy Crawler 35's on my other trail rig and those are imprsseive also, but I need to go bigger. 38's are on the Christmas list as soon as I find the right deal.