• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4x4x2 hitting saginaw pump bracket?

fuelledbyspite

Anybody had the problem of mounting the 4x4x2 box and then saginaw and bracket are touching? It's a 66' that PO swapped 289 in and left 6 cyl radiator and manual steering... tempted to grind some of the ear of the 4x4x2 box for clearance lol

OP
OP
F

fuelledbyspite

Nope, did not want to mess an adjustable drag link. It's basically hitting one of the vertical ears on the section that was swapped from the later model box.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
The 1/4 inch from the BC Broncos plate usually does not need an adjustable drag link.

It will help keep your frame from being damaged and move the steering box that little bit farther away.

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
You can trim that ear on the 4x4x2 box. I had to trim mine when I installed the canned ham pump as it hit . My reinforcement plate is welded on the inside of the frame (PO mod, not mine) so trimming was easier than adding another plate.