• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4x4x2 instructions

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
All my searching only shows WCB had the online instructions, and looks like that link is dead, does anyone know of another site with them?
I have both needed boxes, just want a better idea of what to do.
Thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
here's ours: https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.wildhorses4x4.com/downloads/WH/2004 07-23-18.pdf
In it notice it's for use without one of the thick spacers, but it can still be used as a general reference.

Because of the lack of spacers we're able to move the box forward for a better fit in most areas. You have more of an issue with core support clearance, but less trouble with the wheel well and less likelihood of a longer pitman arm hitting the tie-rod.

paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
forgot to ask. Are you running a WCB spacer? Someone else's spacer?

paul

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Sounds like he's looking to build the 4x4x2 box. Bc had the instructions at one time. Don't know if it's still there.

OP
OP
iwlbcnu

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Thanks, yes I already have a 4x4x2 box installed, wanting to rebuild another to swap.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Probably permanently, or until a different name can be found, via Ford's lawyers.

Paul

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Probably permanently, or until a different name can be found, via Ford's lawyers.

Paul

Suddenly the wisdom (and/or luck) of WH4x4 and Duff's becomes readily apparent. I wonder if JBG and BCB are going to be in the same boat shortly if they're not already there. I understand Ford's desire to protect their intellectual property rights, however it's the Classic Bronco specific shops and builders that have kept the legend of the EB's going all these years, so it seems a bit back-stabby-ish to bite the hand of the companies that have done more for the Bronco off-road brand and image than Ford arguably did over the past 40 years.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I wonder why Mustang places have been going on 50+ years and not having been hassled. Or have they?

Paul

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Suddenly the wisdom (and/or luck) of WH4x4 and Duff's becomes readily apparent. I wonder if JBG and BCB are going to be in the same boat shortly if they're not already there. I understand Ford's desire to protect their intellectual property rights, however it's the Classic Bronco specific shops and builders that have kept the legend of the EB's going all these years, so it seems a bit back-stabby-ish to bite the hand of the companies that have done more for the Bronco off-road brand and image than Ford arguably did over the past 40 years.
I wonder what will happen to Denver Bronco stuff?