• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

50 Cal mounted on 900 HP Bronco

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice. My son want a M2 on his bronco. Told him if he can afford one, I’ll make him the mount.

Eugene

phred

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Thats cool. Local guy around my home town was a gun dealer and had one mounted on his old land cruiser back in the 70’s. It was real and worked. My brother knew the guysand they would go shoot it sometimes.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Made me think of the old "Rat Patrol" TV show when I was a kid.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You think the Broncos are expensive, wait until you start firing off that 50 ammo!

Quick & Dirty

Wow, that M2 is fast.
It's a GAU-21, not an M2. Gun, Aircraft, Unit-21 is designed by FN. The M2HB is the ground gun with a firing rate of 450-575 rounds per minute, the AN/M2 is for aircraft with 750-850 rpm, the AN/M3 is 1200 rpm designed late war, used on Korea era Mustangs and early jets. The GAU-21 is a modernized M3 with 1100 rpm, used on helicopters.

marjama

Contributor
That was a great video...thanks for sharing! When I was a kid I used to dream about mounting a .50 cal to the rollcage of my Bronco...not surprised that others had the same dream and made it happen.