• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

6 pt. Roll Cage - Powdercoat - How Much?

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
My 6 point Roll Cage arrived from Wild Horses. I now need to powdercoat it. I am going to get a quote today, I just want to know how much is too much.

Chris B.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I think I am going to powdercoat White. When I run with the top down, black just gets so damn hot! My powdercoat guy is very close and convienent, but he charges an arm and a leg. My guess is he will charge me $250 to do the cage.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
They did my cage, front and rear plate bumper and spare tire carrier for $450 in a specialty wrinkled finish in dark blue. All of that including sandblasting would have been about $350 in gloss black and like $400 in another color.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I had my cage, seat frame, front bumper, and misc. small parts done in semi-gloss black for somewhere around $500. It was worth every penny, I love powder coat.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
Ok, so he quoted me $200.00 for the following:

Sandblast
Powdercoat primer
2 coats of color

I think that is a smoking deal! I'll have a nice powdercoated cage next week! I can't wait.

OP
OP
cgbexec

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I love powdercoat! So far I have a ton of it on my rig.

Axles
Frame
Extended Radius Arms
Coil Springs
Trac-bar
Tie Bar
Draglink
Body was powdercoat primed before bodywork and paint