• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 with Plow

Status
Not open for further replies.

whyme26

Loc.
Brighton
Alright, I've had this truck for about a month. Wife is already giving me a major headache about why I'm not driving it and still dumping money into it. I really don't want to get rid of it but thought I'd see if there is any interest just to appease the wife. :mad:

So if anyone is interested, it's a 1966 U15 with factory plow setup. I honestly don't know a whole lot about it as this is my first (and won't be last) venture into the Bronco world. Mostly what I do know is that it does run, it does and does drive. Has a 170 6 cylinder with a 3 speed on the tree. Plow setup works great

I have done a couple very minor things to it since I've had it.
- rebuilt and sealed heater with new core, valve, upgraded motor and cage.
- rebuilt and cleaned the carb
- new points/condenser/coil
- hooked gas tank back up.
- acquired a stock air cleaner set up (thanks again Explorer)

The bad:
There is some rust but not to bad as far as I can tell. most of the rust is in the driver side kick panel. Floors are solid.
- crack in windshield
- missing rear bumper
- brake lights and blinkers don't work.. running lights come on, just don't get brighter. Turn signal switch?
- headlights just developed a short yesterday... they randomly blink on and off but only when the engine is running.
- doors and top need some adjusting.

This is a great start to a restoration project, or would make a perfect plow truck as-is. I would still call it a project, but a running project. I wouldn't hit the freeway with it though.

Anyway, email ( green@architecturalscience.com ) or pm me if you have any interest, questions, want specific pictures, or want to take a look in person. I'm in Michigan about 35 miles North of Ann Arbor. Looking for $3500 which is pretty much exactly what I have into it... no profit, just a good home

normal_b7.jpg

normal_b8.jpg

normal_b6.jpg

normal_b2.jpg

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice looking rig... Maybe you can sweet talk her, you need to hang on to that.. ;)

OP
OP
W

whyme26

Loc.
Brighton
Believe me, I've been trying. If it wasn't the only wheels I have at the moment I'd have much better luck with that. All in all she's been a pretty good sport about it but getting really tired of carting my arse around everyday... apparently she was under the impression I'd be tearing around in it in a week or so after I got it. Still not sure who told her that %)

I figure I'm still a young buck, plenty of time to get another one when times are better.

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
it needs some work. the body was done mostly by me. not all of it. thats from when i sold it the first time to the guy that you prob bought it from. I dont think he did anything to it because the way you are describing it it is how he picked it up. all though when he picked it up everything worked on it but the gas tank was not hooked up. I made it pretty so my wife would not complain it was in the drive and only used it for plowing. I did put the pass quarter back on as it was hit when i got it and the quarter was removed. the entire floor was replaced by me I tried to use the Structural adhesive instead of welding. I have alot of pics and more info if any one is interested.
and it does have a 2" body lift in it.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131859

here is the parts i repaired
IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

OP
OP
W

whyme26

Loc.
Brighton
Man...
I really wish I the timing on this post was a day or two earlier :( Someone came and took it away yesterday morning. It was a good start to a nice rig and I took a hit with the price I sold it for. I could have probably wracked your brain for more info. If you don't mind I may pass this thread along to the guy who bought it from me.

It's interesting because I had an ad on Craigs List as well and two or three people recognized it and said "hey, I know that truck. It was done by a guy named John in Belding right?" Of course you're not the one I bought it from so I didn't know for sure.

Anyway, now I'm a little bummed I sold it (but the wife is happy so that's gotta count for something).

I did hook the gas tank back up and it was running decently. The 4x4 did go out on my a week or two ago which sucked and was the main reason I took the price hit..

OP
OP
W

whyme26

Loc.
Brighton
Oh, and I rebuilt the carb too which took care of the starting. It fired right up every time :)

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
i dont know if that is good or bad that they recognized it as one of my old ones. I am on my 6th eb right now and that is funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.