• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

‘68 bronco Pesky trouble with horn button.

H20rider

‘68 originally with 3 on column— now with 4 on floor. Original steering wheel replaced with an original ‘68 Mustang wheel. The turn signal collar is new and the contact rings under the steering wheel itself are new, smooth , and seem to be in good contact with the contact spring points from the turn signal collar. Wiring is all new and has appropriate continuity.
Problem:
Horn spontaneously sounds in short burts on some turns. Also, horn ring (really a 3 legged center button) only sounds when left leg, or bottom legs are hit.
I realize it might be a horn mismatch, but having replaced all the components in the chai with mutually compatible new parts, I am left with adjustment possibilities.
Ideas?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So the Mustang wheel had two horn trace contact rings? Or did it have one?
I was under the impression that most mustangs use the horn relay, which would make them different than your 68 bronco.

But I could be wrong since there’s a lot I don’t know about both but especially mustangs!