• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

69 Build Up Progress F150 axles out Dana 60's going in updated pics 9/25/05

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Looks like your well under way. great pics keep us posted on your progress with more pics. great work just don't stop... keep going we're all behind you on this one;D

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
Cool pics man! I love seeing stuff like that. How long to you estimate it took you to do all that? from the 1st pic to the last.?
What are your plans?
That step bar welded to the frame, is that a PO thing? Looks scary.
I luv yer garage... LOL

OP
OP
Tgure

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
Thanks for the encouragement..

It took me about 10-12 hours broke up over several days to do that much so far. Just taking my time right now few hours a night before dinner.

Plans are to strip everything down and get frame and tub blasted so i can begin rust repair etc. I have full width axles I am going to rebuild with 5.13's and lockers(not sure which yet)and put under the frame with disks. Going to probably use Stone Crusher steering or similar. Im going to do a 5.5" lift probably BC but will see whats out there when I get to that stage. Going to keep the 302 AOD combo since its all fresh for now. Also going to add power steering and hydroboost power brakes. Haven't narrowed down all the details like paint, interior or the such yet.

As far as that step bar im not sure that was what it was because it ran right underneath the rockers so I was guessing it was the PO's rendition of a rocker protector. it didn't protect it from rust thats for sure. It is really sturdy tho but not sure if it would take the weight being used as a rock ski so may grind it off, taking suggestions. :p

yeah the garage is a bit crowded but the wife lets be have all of it so better than outside in the 100+ temps ;D

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Tgure said:
I have full width axles I am going to rebuild with 5.13's and lockers(not sure which yet)and put under the frame with disks.

If you decide you want a spool instead of a locker, I may still have a newly rebuilt third member available with 5.13's and a full spool. Cheap. Relatively speaking that is.
Let me know and I'll check to see what ratios are still around my friends shop. All of them were 5.13 and lower, so they're not rapid sellers.

Paul

OP
OP
Tgure

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
Paul thanks for the offer I will try and decide what I want to do and let you know if I decide on a spool.

Last edited:

J-DUB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Edmonds
I say either hack em off and build new skiis or keep em.

And if your rockers are rusted, then hack those to and put new skiis in its place.

swood

Loc.
San Jose, CA
Yep, looks familiar. Still in the process of my own frame-off. I planned on one summer. It's been two years now, but I work it suratically.

Just remember that going back together takes much much longer.....

Good Luck!

Oh Yeah, pics of my project on my site if you are interested.

OP
OP
Tgure

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
Pulling engine and had a heck of a time keeping torque converter on the tranny by myself trying to pull the lift back and failed miserably as you can see tranny fluid everywhere %)

Attachments

• DCP00513.JPG
    DCP00513.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
OP
OP
Tgure

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
engine coming out

Attachments

• DCP00514.JPG
    DCP00514.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
OP
OP
Tgure

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
Black carbon on rear two exhaust ports caused by muffler shop not seating up the headers before they welded muffler hangers to the frame. Had a hell of a time getting the leak to go away

Attachments

• DCP00515.JPG
    DCP00515.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
OP
OP
Tgure

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
Jackstand would not reach tranny to support it without the engine with the 35's on so used a chain bolted to the frame.

Attachments

• DCP00516.JPG
    DCP00516.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
OP
OP
Tgure

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
Pulled the frame off the axles heres a shot of the 9" I am getting rid of for a full width

Attachments

• DCP00588.JPG
    DCP00588.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
OP
OP
Tgure

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
Frame on its side so I can clean up the floor. Check out the boomin garage tunes setup :p

Attachments

• DCP00589.JPG
    DCP00589.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
OP
OP
Tgure

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
Shot of the 30 being replaced by full width HP44. As twiggy as it looks makes you wonder how they hold up as long as they do.

Attachments

• DCP00590.JPG
    DCP00590.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
OP
OP
Tgure

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
Well floor cleanup and axles moved out to side of the house to give me room to start grinding off shock mounts etc and prepare to weld on new mounts front and rear.

Attachments

• DCP00591.JPG
    DCP00591.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Floor cleaned up nice ;D . Looks like you have enough to keep you busy for a while. Good luck with it and keep posting pictures. This is going to be a Loooooong thread :)

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
Did you have 35s with stock gears? If so how'd you liked the combo?

broncoscoot

Loc.
Dublin Texas
Do you plan on reusing that front clip, or are you gonna replace the whole thing. im thinking about doing a frame-off and i wanna know whats easiest. anyways thats gonna look awsome. good job