• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'69 Uncut Caribbean Turquoise Rebuild - EFI 408w Stroker, 35 Spine Axles

BanditBronco

I googled around CNC's website a bit as I hadn't heard of them before. Pretty slick, lots of Ford options as well as Chevy. Don't see that much anymore, mostly LS only shops.

I love a good high HP build, looking forward to you getting it all set up.

OP
OP
Jarrett h

Jarrett h

Loc.
Le Claire, IA
Update on the cam & switched to 1.72 scorpion rockers. Heads will flow quite a bit over 300CFM -

Advertised Intake Duration: 286
Advertised Exhaust Duration: 300
Intake Duration at .050 Inch Lift: 236
Exhaust Duration at .050 Inch Lift: 248
Intake Valve Lift: 0.579
Exhaust Valve Lift: 0.579
Lobe Separation: 114

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yowza. That's a pretty deep breathing cam it looks like. Interesting to see those healthy spec's along with a smoothish-idle 114 LSA.

What is the advertised power range if they give it?

Paul

OP
OP
Jarrett h

Jarrett h

Loc.
Le Claire, IA
Yowza. That's a pretty deep breathing cam it looks like. Interesting to see those healthy spec's along with a smoothish-idle 114 LSA.

What is the advertised power range if they give it?

Paul

Should be around 560hp. Right now the ProFlow 1 1/2 headers will be a limiting factor until I can have a set built.

Qumanchew

Contributor
Loc.
Kutztown PA
Appreciate it!

That's crazy considering how I'm only a few mins from Redmond!

First time the truck has been outside the garage for close to a year, looks good with the rear axle sitting 1" back. Going to replace the front 2.5" springs w/ 3.5" to help level things out more once the motor goes in.

51077327956_7f8ffd02e2_h.jpg

51077424422_ae89dfd801_h.jpg

51077328206_c6fe492f37_h.jpg

51008141235_a2e4edea0e_h.jpg

51008141315_7d48c2732a_h.jpg

Wow, that setup looks great! I'm a fan of Caribbean Turquoise and that wheel and tire combo looks really good!

OP
OP
Jarrett h

Jarrett h

Loc.
Le Claire, IA
Apologies on the the huge delay! We relocated the family to Le Claire, Iowa & have had a very busy year.

The project is starting back up & I hope to have it driving before end of July. Going through the parts previously purchased I was very surprised to find scorpion rockers, reduced travel hydraulic roller lifters, & a timing set. Next step will be ordering the cam & getting an adjustable push rod to measure the correct length before ordering. Given the likelyhood we'll be in the Midwest for the foreseeable future, I'm going to upgrade my CVF serpentine kit to now include AC & power steering.

With that said, I recently took a fishing trip on lake Michigan with my inlaws & we got to talking about the bronco. It led to my wife's uncle sending me a free set of vintage rails for the top. Just missing one bracket, I think I'll have 4 new brackets fabricated then get everything blasted & powdercoated.

What happens when you try to roll your bronco down your driveway by yourself...Luckily I was able to get it to turn by throwing a wheel chock under the front tire.

https://flic.kr/p/2nnzF65

Last edited:

71 CA Bronco

I hate sloped driveways. At least you didn't roll it into your wife's car.
Don't ask me how I know that can happen.

Okie69

Contributor
Apologies on the the huge delay! We relocated the family to Le Claire, Iowa & have had a very busy year.

The project is starting back up & I hope to have it driving before end of July. Going through the parts previously purchased I was very surprised to find scorpion rockers, reduced travel hydraulic roller lifters, & a timing set. Next step will be ordering the cam & getting an adjustable push rod to measure the correct length before ordering. Given the likelyhood we'll be in the Midwest for the foreseeable future, I'm going to upgrade my CVF serpentine kit to now include AC & power steering.

With that said, I recently took a fishing trip on lake Michigan with my inlaws & we got to talking about the bronco. It led to my wife's uncle sending me a free set of vintage rails for the top. Just missing one bracket, I think I'll have 4 new brackets fabricated then get everything blasted & powdercoated.

What happens when you try to roll your bronco down your driveway by yourself...Luckily I was able to get it to turn by throwing a wheel chock under the front tire.

Wow scary! Glad it wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been.

Awesome build. High horsepower daily driver.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Glad y'all got settled and looks like a nice place.. Enjoy that time while you can

OP
OP
Jarrett h

Jarrett h

Loc.
Le Claire, IA
Motor is really coming together. Finished installing rockers & girdles yesterday, installed intake manifold this evening. Also preparing engine bay by patching holes w/ welder & cold rolled sheet. Going to remove the master cylinder reinforcement panel & install a new panel w/ grade 8 hardware. I will likely just likely spray the engine bay w/ primer & a coat of black.

52185860960_6a10877c10_b.jpg

52184354767_764ca864e4_b.jpg

52185374811_84f24580b4_b.jpg

52185374931_d281467f70_b.jpg

52184354817_2fc125920c_b.jpg

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Such a nice build, that motor is going to be a beast. I know you’re planning on black for the engine bay - but it sure would stand out if you went body color. Just my $0.02, (mine is black from the PO). If ever have to pull my motor I’d definitely paint to match.

OP
OP
Jarrett h

Jarrett h

Loc.
Le Claire, IA
Such a nice build, that motor is going to be a beast. I know you’re planning on black for the engine bay - but it sure would stand out if you went body color. Just my $0.02, (mine is black from the PO). If ever have to pull my motor I’d definitely paint to match.

That is a good point, I may take your advice. It's a good excuse to pick up a quality paint gun.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Lol, for new tools.....any excuse will do! Of course that could open up a whole ‘nother rabbit hole.