• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

74 Bronco project

Ford4ever

Loc.
Charlotte
Hi, my name is Reid Hubbard. It has been my dream to restore an early bronco, and that dream is finally coming to fruition. I just shook hands on a 74 bronco that has been sitting for about 20 years. It is not too rusty and the body is mostly compete. it also comes with doors. I will be putting in a new wiring harness, a 302, and hopefully a 4 or 5 speed on the floor. It will also be getting new suspension and breaks. Down the road I will find lots more that needs replacing of course:ROFLMAO:. I am still in high school, and even though i have restored my 89 f150, this bronco will be me going in way over my head. I hope some of y'all will help me out by answering some questions on this thread in the coming months and years. For now here is a picture of it before it is awoken from its 20 year slumber. Thanks!

picture

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hello Reid,
Welcome to the addiction, congrats on finding the new-to-you Bronco! Lots of willing enablers, I mean fellow enthusiasts to offer help, advice and share knowledge along the way. Hopefully you can attend some events to look at different builds, get ideas and sort out what will be your intended uses.

Start with making it safe and keeping it drive able - pick projects to work on it as your budget and time allows. Many start off by tearing it down to do a full resto, get bogged down in the process and lose momentum/interest. The fact that you’ve restored a vehicle already (and are young!) will work in your favor. Glad to see the appeal spans generations to help keep these great rigs on the road for many more years. Enjoy the journey!

P.S. Consider becoming a “contributor” which supports the site and allows you to post pics directly to your posts for getting questions answered, and well, we love pics. Well worth the $12 a year.

Okie69

Contributor
Welcome! You’ll find tons of help here. It’s the best group of enthusiasts on the internet.