• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

77 Bronco Build

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Been gathering parts for the Hydro-boost Install and think I have most of it sorted out. Hardest part has been to get the correct power steering pump with dual return. I am using the 351w, F350 serpentine system and could go with a direct fit for that vehicle, but I would prefer a Saginaw Style pump.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Body is back on the Rolling Chassis with 1" Body Mounts. Will make sure everything is square, line up doors tomorrow and do final Mock-up prior to paint. We will test fit the New Stainless Door Hinges, Set the Roll Bar, and get some other details done too.

Finally starting to look like a Bronco again.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Had to shim the rear body mounts up 1/2" to get the rear of the doors to line up correctly. Curious to see how this looks when all done.

Got my license plate in too.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Lisence Plate.jpg
    77 Bronco - Lisence Plate.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
I have a couple of the primed Dash with Radio Delete and tailgate, then each painted Estate Green.

Grill, Dash and Tailgate have been assembled and are complete. Painted pieces have not been "Buffed" yet. I'll take some more pics for you tomorrow.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Dash Tailgate Primered.jpg
    77 Bronco - Dash Tailgate Primered.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 77 Bronco - Finished Tailgate.jpg
    77 Bronco - Finished Tailgate.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 77 Bronco - Grill Colors.jpg
    77 Bronco - Grill Colors.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 164
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Hood from WH and related Hardware just came in today, so that will be next.

Core support had to be replaced due to PO minor fender bender at some point. Used good fender though, so I was happy with that. Inner fender or anything else was not affected, so all good.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Not much done today other than took Hood to body shop and see how it would line up.

Also mocked up Explorer GT-40 Intake Manifold prior to stripping and painting. Took out the extra vacuum lines that are not needed. (They were just pressed in) One needed for PCV and small one needed for Fuel Regulator. I like using original lines if in good shape as I did here. Will use original PCV and Regulator lines too.

Here are some more pictures.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco GT-40 Mock Up - 2.jpg
    77 Bronco GT-40 Mock Up - 2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 77 Bronco GT-40 Mock Up - 1.jpg
    77 Bronco GT-40 Mock Up - 1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 77 Bronco Completed Tailgate.jpg
    77 Bronco Completed Tailgate.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 77 Bronco Hood Seem - Drivers.jpg
    77 Bronco Hood Seem - Drivers.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 77 Bronco Buckaroo Hood.jpg
    77 Bronco Buckaroo Hood.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 124

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I'm looking forward to seeing those seats installed! Can't wait to see the interior too!

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Hey,rguest3 its looking good.I notice you put your extreme coil cup with tab on the out side instead of inside did you have a reason for mounting them that way?I have HW extreme cups on my 74 with tabs in, so the coil can flex pretty far out of the cups.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
savage - I did initially mounts the Extreme cups that way, (as pictured) which seemed to be close to stock. But after looking as to how the coils were after the engine was installed I could see it was not correct. The coil cups have been turned so the Tabs are on the inside now.

Thanks for pointing this out. First time installing the Extreme Coil Cups and hopefully others will not make the initial mistake I did.... And have to do it twice.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
crawdad - May be awhile before you see the interior installed. Couple months out probably.

There was a 69, U14 Half Cab that was for sale here a few months back. I built that one a few years ago. It had the same seats with the same upholstery and it was Estate Green as well. See if you can find it to see what the interior looks like.

That's another one I should have never gotten rid of. Can't keep them all.

blakerj10

Loc.
Gillette
I love that one. Was listed on ebay I believe. The inspiration for my project. Going estate green and am thinking a luber too .

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
blakerj10 - Let me know if you want any details of that 69 Half Cab build. Like I stated before, I should have never let that one go.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Have not had much time lately to get much done on the Bronco.

I did however manage to assemble the Grill, so at least that is done. Converted to the Earlier Smaller turn signal lights, which I think looks much better.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Finished Grill.jpg
    77 Bronco - Finished Grill.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 142
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Body work is almost done and final paint should be done next week some time.

Ordered a Black Diamond Rampage top which arrived yesterday. Mocked Up all the framework to the top today to see how far back the bows went when folded down. Will install Rear Family Cage that is designed to NOT get in the way off the top being folded down. Cage will have 2 Hoops, front and rear with 45' on each side and 2 Stringers connecting the 2 hoops on the top. Will also have windshield supports that will connect to front hoop. Cage will be painted Body Color.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Shown in another thread as well, but the tires and wheels made it to the shop yesterday.

Looking forward to seeing them mounted on the 77 with the Estate Green Paint and Black Soft Top.

Nitto Trail Grappler MTs - 285x75x17s

Method Racing Wheels (NV Black) - 17x8.5

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - T:W 1.jpg
    77 Bronco - T:W 1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 77 Bronco - T:W 2.jpg
    77 Bronco - T:W 2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 77 Bronco - T:W 3.jpg
    77 Bronco - T:W 3.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 77 Bronco - T:W 4.jpg
    77 Bronco - T:W 4.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 73
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Took this picture this past week of the Roll Cage. DOM tubing and bolts to windshield for support with Soft Top. Includes plates underneath and bolt to cage for additional support. Also, has plenty of clearance so Soft Top can be folded down without removal.

Rest of body is in Primer and should be painted next week.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Roll Cage.jpg
    77 Bronco - Roll Cage.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 100