• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

77 Bronco Build

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Jc.av8r - The Green 77 has a 2 1/2" Suspension Lift and 1" Body Lift. Tires are 285x75x17s or about 34x11.50.

Jc.av8r

Jc.av8r - The Green 77 has a 2 1/2" Suspension Lift and 1" Body Lift. Tires are 285x75x17s or about 34x11.50.

Thanks man.

My rig will be sitting pretty high then. I've got a 3.5" lift right now, and will be forced to add a 1" body lift to fit the bigger fuel tank. Probably will do about a 33 or 34" tire as well.

Mustangs2

Went for a little cruise and got some errands done Wednesday and enjoyed the great weather. No issues what so ever and will most likely become my daily driver.

Need to replace the whining power steering pump with Saginaw unit I have and still have the interior to finish, but here she is.

Congratulations! Really nice build. I love all you choices and how it has all come together. So glad you are getting to enjoy it!!!
All the Best-

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Just got in the VIAIR 10007 on board air system today. Everything looks great!

I will mount tank where saddle fuel tank used to be. I will also mount a quick connect for air hose behind front fuel door for easy access.

I may put the power switch to the air system where the mechanical fuel tank selector used to be???

Performance details after install.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
I have recently caught myself enjoying this Bronco instead of actually finishing the final details. It has been great to drive every night and get some errands done on the weekends.

I still have the Carpeting, interior rear quarter panel trim and On board Air System to install.

I guess they are never really done.

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Nice Bronco, sometimes we need to just drive them and get past all the small stuff not done. I will be tying to do this myself here shortly.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
My neighbor is having his 69 Bronco painted and was asking about my 77s tires and wheels. He said he liked them and wanted to get a set. I said buy em. I have a set of Mickey Thompson Classic Locks in a 17x9 that I have had for about 2 years and have been waiting to mount them.

So, New tires are ordered and the classic Locks will go on. Should be done next week.

I also replaced the Ford PS pump with a Saginaw and this has made a great difference with the steering and Hydro Brakes. No more whining! Brakes work better too... Imagine that?

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
PERFECT weather here today. 75, no humidity. Took the Bronco out for a long ride and then out to lunch with some friends.

Have not done a damn thing to the Bronco in some time, just been out driving it as much as possible.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Here is the latest with the New Tires and Wheels installed. My neighbor bought the others.

Little dirty from cruising around.

Attachments

• 77 Bronco - Wheels.jpg
    77 Bronco - Wheels.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 77 Bronco - Wheels 2.jpg
    77 Bronco - Wheels 2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 77 Bronco - Wheels 3.jpg
    77 Bronco - Wheels 3.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 103
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
I have been driving this Bronco almost daily and have done NOTHING else to it for awhile.

I still have to install:

On Board Air System
Carpet Kit with Aluminum Trim
Rear Quarter Panels
Center Console with Stereo System

Otherwise, I am enjoying it as is.

forester2504

Loc.
Georgia
I have been driving this Bronco almost daily and have done NOTHING else to it for awhile.

I still have to install:

On Board Air System
Carpet Kit with Aluminum Trim
Rear Quarter Panels
Center Console with Stereo System

Otherwise, I am enjoying it as is.

Are the new tires the same size as the old ones?

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Bronco Guru
Yep, same size. 285x75x17s mounted on the 17x9 Mickey Thompson Classic Locks. I also mounted 1" spacers on the rear to even the track. Only because I think it looks better.

The other set of tires went with the wheels. I was OK with the wheels but me neighbor loved them so the deal was done.