• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A Call for Engine Photos! Help me out!

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
All,

Help the Primate out!

Please post photos of your engine bay if you have done a Serpentine conversion!

Overload me with photos! I wanna see every angle, whatever special "fix" you may have had to done, etc!

Before I head back to the workshop, I want to have a "plethora" (yes Jefe! a Plethora..sorry Three Amigos reference) of photos to help me figure out why mine isn't working!

Thanks a million!

MnkyBiz

B

bert

Here is a couple of pics. Not really a conversion as the parts came with the mustang donor. P/S bracket is home made with a Ford Van pump and bracket. Didn't want to buy an A/C eliminator pulley and didn't like the pump sitting so close to the power steering box.

Attachments

• serp1.jpg.JPG
    serp1.jpg.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 101
  • psbrackte1.jpg.JPG
    psbrackte1.jpg.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 102
  • psbrackt2.jpg.JPG
    psbrackt2.jpg.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 98
OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Thanks Bert,

I have the same Alt bracket & tensioner as you do. So that is a good start.

I am running a Sanden compressor, though and there is where my setup is different from yours. Am I seeing correctly that you are Injected? Do you have a clutched fan? Maybe you are getting more space from your clutch fan than I have?

My fan is impacting the tensioner pulley, and the pulley for the Sanden compressor.

Thanks again!

MnkyBiz

B

bert

Yes, it is EFI.
The fan is a fixed pitch 17" reverse rotation from BCB without a fan clutch. I had to install a 1" spacer to clear the pulleys. It is quite noisey but it keeps the engine cool, even without a shroud. I thought about keeping the driver side brackets with the A/C compressor but I didn't want the Ford P/S pump. The brackets sat way too close to my steering box anyway. There is still the brackets for the air pump under the alternator. Not sure if a guy could stick a compressor in there for on board air or A/C.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
sorry i didn't get back to you monkey, but i didn't have a way to send you my pics. they're on film not on digital. i can take pics thursday if you need. what fan do you have and how big a spacer?