• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

a little bit of advice?

stump338

Loc.
Parker, Colorado
I just got a 1975 Denver Bronco limited edition bronco, right now i am currently restoring it. But i do not know what to do. My friend is fixing up all the basics, engine, tranny, etc. My confusion is based around: should i restore it to its original state, brand new. Or, try to go custom with it? I'm pretty young and know little about this car, i was hoping a few people who knew what to do can give me advice on my car. Thanks.

hucklburry rev2

I'd keep all the original/old parts. Do you want to wheel it or show it? Is it near pristine or really rusty?

If your upgrading, like lets say you put disc brakes on the front to replace 1975 drums, I'd say thats a good thing.

If your lifting it, well its yours, but that would take away from originality. The Denver Bronco edition wasn't that popular, and not THAT sought after, but a fairly original example in good shape would be cool.

Do what YOU want with it. If your gonna hack it and slaughter it on rocks or something, it would be better to "restore" this one, sell it, and use the money for something more "beatable", from a certain perspective.

If your gonna make it nice, and drive it like a bronco, do what you want!

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
I'd keep all the original/old parts. Do you want to wheel it or show it? Is it near pristine or really rusty?

If your upgrading, like lets say you put disc brakes on the front to replace 1975 drums, I'd say thats a good thing.

If your lifting it, well its yours, but that would take away from originality. The Denver Bronco edition wasn't that popular, and not THAT sought after, but a fairly original example in good shape would be cool.

Do what YOU want with it. If your gonna hack it and slaughter it on rocks or something, it would be better to "restore" this one, sell it, and use the money for something more "beatable", from a certain perspective.

If your gonna make it nice, and drive it like a bronco, do what you want!

X2, But if you plan on "slaughtering it" give me a chance to save it (being a Broncos fan and all) because I am looking for an uncut to add to the stable and it would be a perfect fit.

Jim W.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Welcome
If you like the paint scheme then I'd stick with it as thats mostly what identifes it and sets it apart although it is very similar to the stroppe paint scheme. Nothing wrong with modifying it as its yours but still its nice to retain some of its orginality but things like lifts and stuff are no big deal as you can always return it to stock.
On a side note there is little info about the denver bronco edition and supposedly only about 75 or so actually sold. you might want to register yours on the denver bronco edition site. they may have other info for you if you decide to restore it.
I beleive a lot of the dever editions were cut for rear flares like the Stroppes were.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Since it is a limited edition, I would not stray too far from original. If your idea of the pefect EB is lifted , cut, and 40's, sell or trade what you have to someone who can bring her back to original.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I wouldn't worry to much about keeping it original unless its still pretty much original and is not a rust bucket. Outside of that, I would build it the way you want it. Just my opinion but I never cared for the look of the "Denver Edition". Sorry but that blue top ruins it for me. Wasn't the "Denver Edition" just a dealer thing?

Ratch

Contributor
I agree with the other guys. I think most of the Denvers were cut when sold, so flares wouldn't be bad. Other than that, anything that is a bolt-on (disk swap, cage, etc.) is pretty much reverseable. And both of the above mentioned are a good idea for safety reasons.
If you paint it, it would be better to keep the original paint scheme as that is really what makes it special. If you want something more "custom" or want to hack it and/or wheel it heavily then you are free to do so as it is, after all, yours. But, if you plan to go that way you might consider selling it to an enthusiast on here and buy one more suitable. Heck, someone on here might even be willing to trade. It is something to think about anyway.

OP
OP
S

stump338

Loc.
Parker, Colorado
Thank You Again

Thank you again for the help. I hope that all of you will continue to help and give your opinions throughout the restoration of my bronco.

myclsic69

Only Because every classic car that I have is restored to Original, My 69 bronco will be the third.
I am partial to original condition (uncut) to each his own.
But, if i found a U14 to fix up,and it was already cut it would remain that way.
Good luck on your Rare Denver Restoration

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
If you want to cause an uproar with Bronco fans you could paint that baby Silver and Black and Slap a big Raiders Logo in the back window.;D

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I vote also to keep it stock no more than a LUBER. The few real classic are to hard to come buy. You can find another to chop up. And this is from a guy who put a 4bt into a half decent 72.

orangecrush4u

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shelter Island, NY
I dont really care about sports/team, but if you want original! keep original! than thats what you should do. Like another has said if you want to make a toy, trade it, or put it up for sale, who knows you might find exacltly what you want and make another really happy:-X